HP Tuners Software update - Page 25 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: HP Tuners Software update
Tuesday, March 21, 2006 3:23 PM
Wild Weasel wrote:
ge_forcez22 wrote:1) so if you already have the GM s/c reflash it is only 2 credits... right?(2 credits for that one car)

2) with bar enhancement that means if you have a 1.0 bar now you can upgrade to 2.0 bar for an extra 2 credits (4 credits in total for that one car)

3)if you wanna save some money or make some money back, you can sell some credits/tuning time to friends or whatever, Ihaven't even bought my unit yet, but I have my extra 6 credits sold already. Instead of paying 650 I'll be getting almost 400 back

Hmm... if you get rid of a car, can you then use those credits for a different car?

Like... I sell 2 credits for $100 to some kid to remove his speed limiter... then he kills himself... can I sell those 2 credits to another stupid kid?

You cannot "un-license" a vehicle. Once you've licensed it, its set in stone. If you get another vehicle, you'll have to buy more credits. Luckily the credits are relatively cheap and the software doesn't change, and neither does the cable.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 3:53 PM
thanks man

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 8:01 PM
man that sucks... shifted u said that they are working on ecotec software but i read on there forum that theres no program for the ecotec..

now if i get this.. could i just change the timing with the hp tuners software and let the fmu worry about the fuel?

here comes the boost!
Tuesday, March 21, 2006 8:08 PM
This was posted by Chris@HPTuners about a week ago...

Chris@HPTuners wrote:
We are very close to releasing software for the 97-05 Cavalier/Sunfire and the 97-00 S10. The later model S10 will follow quite quickly as we are just confirming a PCM hardware issue.

The license and credit info will be:

Chevy Cavalier Single Vehicle: 2 credits
Chevy Cavalier Year/Model: 6 credits

Pontiac Sunfire Single Vehicle: 2 credits
Pontiac Sunfire Year/Model: 6 credits

Chevy S10 Single Vehicle: 2 credits
Chevy S10 Year/Model: 6 credits

Once again the years supported initially will be the 97-05.

Please be aware that although we have conducted testing ourselves initially this will be "beta" status release. The main issue being that there are a huge number of calibrations across all these vehicles and we do have a few gaps that will require folks to send in their files so we can add support. Once we are happy that these gaps have been filled we will move to general release. The gaps are mostly in the very early 97 and 98 support.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 8:29 PM
Ok so after the beta testing is done do you think there will be a GP?

Thats Him Officer The WICKED One.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 8:37 PM
I was thinking of running one at that time, but I don't know what kind of discount I could get.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 9:40 AM

Anybody get their cable yet?

"The FACTS are always subject to CHANGE once the TRUTH is applied"
"In the entire history of man the only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked"
Wednesday, March 22, 2006 9:53 AM
Not yet, I do have the beta software though (2.1.7)

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 10:03 AM
Quote:

I recieved the software, I'm just waiting on the cable now. Should have it Monday.

That was on the 19th I assume, sounds like they are falling behind. Can you open the software and see what the factory settings are now? if you have some time, posting some screenshots would be awesome, I can't wait till beta is over, (with GM s/c support) I'll order that @!#$ express...

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 10:05 AM
I could post some screenshots of the V8 stuff, but I can't seem to open any of my BIN files in it (they may be corrupt, I'm not sure). I won't be able to show you what the 4 cyl stuff is until I get the cable and download my car.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 10:49 AM
Im so tore up over this I haven't been this excited about my car in a year. Well find out if theres any truth to all the rumors about stock l61 motors being tuned out to 170 at the crank by gm engineers. I would be extremely happy with a modest 5-10% gain.

15.149 @ 91.26mph 3-18-2006

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 11:54 AM
I just took a second job, just so I could save enough money to buy this. I can't wait!

Some times the best way to get that tailgater off your but is to light a fart.
Wednesday, March 22, 2006 1:17 PM
anyone know the deal on the Grand Am's? Im ready to purchase and can be good to go.
Wednesday, March 22, 2006 1:31 PM
Which Grand Am?

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 1:40 PM
Judging from his AIM, Grand Am GTS '03?

Anyways, I'm still interested in the HPT. Looks like I'll have to swap my pcm for a '97, get a laptop, save for the HPT......All, while trying to save for vacation!

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 1:44 PM
The main thing i see with this is getig to a Dyno to do the tunning properly.
Can this tuning be done with out a Dyno?

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 2:06 PM
Mylife75 (ajose) wrote:The main thing i see with this is getig to a Dyno to do the tunning properly.

Absolutely, in fact most people do a lot of tuning outside of the dyno. You can tune your car based on the fuel trims. Basically you log a run, adjust, log, adjust, etc.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 2:16 PM
Shifted wrote:
Mylife75 (ajose) wrote:The main thing i see with this is getig to a Dyno to do the tunning properly.

Absolutely, in fact most people do a lot of tuning outside of the dyno. You can tune your car based on the fuel trims. Basically you log a run, adjust, log, adjust, etc.

As he said you can tune without a dyno, but you really need to know what your air/fuel numbers are. You could be making adjustments and hurting yourself. Evenw ith knowing your air/fuel numbers you do not know if the changes you made actually gained you power or not. That is why dyno tuning is better. Besides we on the org do not support any form of street racing, so tuning on the street is the same.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 2:28 PM
John Higgins wrote:
Shifted wrote:

As he said you can tune without a dyno, but you really need to know what your air/fuel numbers are. You could be making adjustments and hurting yourself. Evenw ith knowing your air/fuel numbers you do not know if the changes you made actually gained you power or not. That is why dyno tuning is better. Besides we on the org do not support any form of street racing, so tuning on the street is the same.

Thats why they sell the EIO interface, so you can hook your wideband in and log A/F along with any other PID (like RPM and MAP). So the only thing a dyno would give you more than just this software, a wideband, and the EIO cable, would be HP and TQ numbers.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 2:52 PM
Shifted wrote:
John Higgins wrote:
Shifted wrote:

Thats why they sell the EIO interface, so you can hook your wideband in and log A/F along with any other PID (like RPM and MAP). So the only thing a dyno would give you more than just this software, a wideband, and the EIO cable, would be HP and TQ numbers.

Did not know those cables would be a option, which is nice. Again making adjustments (fine tuning) is nice, but not worth it if you are taking power away. I realize people (including myself) are going to street tune to a point. I plan to go to a dyno and hve the car tuned by someone who knows more about tuning than me so I get the most out of the tuning. You make it sound like HP and TQ numbers are not that important.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 3:04 PM
Quote:

You make it sound like HP and TQ numbers are not that important.

I don't think thats what shifted meant if that is what was interpreted, I think he was saying if you want to make a safe tune it is possible to do without a dyno. He'll agree with you that going to a dyno to fine tune is an awesome idea.

IMO - it is hard to highway tune, cause you gotta do it with no other cars around and keep the speed down, can't even really do a good pull in third. :S

well actually maybe in the US you guys can, in manitoba, canada the max is 100kph (62ish mph *coughs*)

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 3:49 PM
Use the wide band at the track and data log, to help quantify your adjustments. You should be able to fine tune your power band with the info from your time slip and what data you've logged.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 5:57 PM
aight,

so let me sum everything i know up.

1) we can buy into the beta. It really is not worth waiting for a GP becuase shifted is not sure if there will even be a discount.

2) the software on your comp stores the fact that you use credits to register a car? What happens if I format my computer and reinstall the software. Is there a chip in the cable that stores the VIN of a vehicle?

3) We will be able to save the stock tune on the vehicle to an exported file ( i hope this is a seperate file that we can back up) and restore said file to the computer that we (hopefully never do) just FUBARed.

4) the only thing we get for the 150 dollar increase (enhanced version) is the EIO (a box that will allow us to plug in an 02 sensor and records data as we drive) By the way, exactly how much data time will this EIO box record?

5) I know this information is out there somewhere, but how much to buy mroe credits?

If anything i said is false, please correct. thank you for your time and sorry for being one of the stupid people on here that repeat what has be said. Im not trying to evaluate whether this is worth 500 dollars, I just want to be sure I understand that this is in fact a product for me.

2004 Cavalier, 2.2L Ecotec
1965 El Camino, 396 BBC, 14:1, 800 BHP
Wednesday, March 22, 2006 6:01 PM
Demonchild wrote:aight,

so let me sum everything i know up.

1) we can buy into the beta. It really is not worth waiting for a GP becuase shifted is not sure if there will even be a discount.

2) the software on your comp stores the fact that you use credits to register a car? What happens if I format my computer and reinstall the software. Is there a chip in the cable that stores the VIN of a vehicle?

3) We will be able to save the stock tune on the vehicle to an exported file ( i hope this is a seperate file that we can back up) and restore said file to the computer that we (hopefully never do) just FUBARed.

4) the only thing we get for the 150 dollar increase (enhanced version) is the EIO (a box that will allow us to plug in an 02 sensor and records data as we drive) By the way, exactly how much data time will this EIO box record?

5) I know this information is out there somewhere, but how much to buy mroe credits?

If anything i said is false, please correct. thank you for your time and sorry for being one of the stupid people on here that repeat what has be said. Im not trying to evaluate whether this is worth 500 dollars, I just want to be sure I understand that this is in fact a product for me.

1. Yes.

2. The credits are stored in the cable, not in your computer. It won't matter what computer you use, the cable is what is attached to the credits, regardless if you use another computer or reformat yours.

3. Yup, in fact HPT suggests thats the first thing you do, I'll be storing mine in a couple different places.

4. I'm not sure how many "frames" the black box will record. The EIO also has outputs so you can turn on lights and devices based on inputs.

5. $49.95 per credit I believe, with discounts when bought in extreme bulk (i.e. the 2000 credit range).

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 6:08 PM
this is like a hot horny chick laying on a bed in front of you and your paralyzed thats what all this talk feels like

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search