HP Tuners Software update - Page 8 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: HP Tuners Software update
Thursday, September 22, 2005 3:14 AM
Ben992200 wrote:I have a question about this. I was considering the MSD 6212 (the fully programmable one), will this replace all the programmable functions in that MSD box, making them redundant? If so I could just get my self the standard MSD 62112 box (saving about $100) and live without the programmable functions until this is released.

Actually, there's another box you can buy that would just have the different stages. So i essence, depending on how this software is, you can buy the little stage box, hook into your ecu, and have it retard in stages just as an MSD would do. I forget which model it is but all I have to do is run through the Jegs catalog again. Plus it's about $93.95 instead of the $300+ of the DIS-II units.

And I don't know exactly why my name isn't on that list of potential buyers because I swore I added it on awhile ago, I still have the $500 stashed in my closet for this....

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Thursday, September 22, 2005 1:42 PM
you can retard timng with the software but i would buy the non-programmable box since it allows you to run plugs and wires. stock ignition is great but i like wires and getting the ICM away from heat.. improved spark is nice too with high boost

Sven you totally quarterloafed your computer..
Thursday, September 22, 2005 6:53 PM
is there any one out there who has any real updates?

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Thursday, September 22, 2005 6:55 PM
for 500 bux it sounds awesome!!! Will this be able to adjust all of the @!#$ for my turbo (when i order it)?
Thursday, September 22, 2005 11:08 PM
i dont wanna read through 7 pages so can someone be nice enough to tell me at around what time this will be out for the 00-02 2.4l's? thanks

2000 Camaro V6.
| SLP Loudmouth | CAI Intake | HID's |

Friday, September 23, 2005 5:21 AM
there is no set date. personally i wouldnt wanan put out publically a set date either b/c then if setbacks occur ur not hearing it. i tihnk they said hopefully sonner then later. thats about it. if anytime period i would expect it sometimem next year. they are making awesome progress its just up to us to sit and wait patiently

MY 2003 SUNFIRE

"A N/A ecotec is not gonna give Honda's and Mitsu's that much of a run for their
money unless their blown or bottle fed.GM is still smokin crack!"
~1QWKZ24
www.streetracing.org, 08/2001
Friday, September 23, 2005 12:48 PM
eh, sounds good man. cant wait for it!!

2000 Camaro V6.
| SLP Loudmouth | CAI Intake | HID's |

Monday, September 26, 2005 5:50 PM
Sick @!#$ is in store for my 99 24 and this software is gonna make it alllllll possible.
Thats all I have to say.

Monday, September 26, 2005 6:13 PM
nobody has said it so. can it work on mutiple cavys, like my cavy then my friends sunfire, then my bro's cavy. or will it just work on one car only. i mean do you need three or can you just use one.

Monday, September 26, 2005 7:04 PM
^ Will only work on one car, but you can buy extra cars for cheaper than the price of the entire package.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Monday, September 26, 2005 7:10 PM
why would it only work on one car ? I only have one car, but I doubt that if I really tried the software restrictions would really stop me from tuning my friends cars (not gonna do it, but just doubting the means to restrict usage to one car).

15.891 @ 88 mph stock, still getting @!#$ty launches...

Monday, September 26, 2005 7:18 PM
The cable is VIN locked to your vehicle, unless you know how to change the VIN on your buddies cars, its not going to work. This is not a software lock, the locking is built into the hardware in the cable.

Monday, September 26, 2005 7:19 PM
so when you buy it you have to give your VIN number and they input it in the cable ?

Monday, September 26, 2005 7:51 PM
I don't believe so, I believe it locks itself to the first vehicle you connect it to.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 5:42 AM
I understand now

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 8:26 AM
no shifted i thought the cable was locked to the CD, not the vin. If it was locked the to the vin i wouldnt buy it just because of that fact. Im pretty sure the cable is locked to the CD and thats it.

2006 Black Cobalt SS Supercharged G85
13.91@102.77
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 8:43 AM
I fake ordered the software yesterday and you get 2 vehicles for 499

as for how it's locked.....I dunno

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 6:47 PM
-JaysonZ24- wrote:no shifted i thought the cable was locked to the CD, not the vin. If it was locked the to the vin i wouldnt buy it just because of that fact. Im pretty sure the cable is locked to the CD and thats it.

Nope, it is VIN locked.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 8:20 AM
-JaysonZ24- wrote:If it was locked the to the vin i wouldnt buy it just because of that fact.

why? their pricing model is in no way obsurd..

Sven you totally quarterloafed your computer..
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 12:53 PM
hey, throw my name on the list, I'm gonna start saving now
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 2:17 PM
Jrobz23 wrote:
-JaysonZ24- wrote:If it was locked the to the vin i wouldnt buy it just because of that fact.

why? their pricing model is in no way obsurd..

for 500 bucks i should be able to use it on any car i want whenever i want.

2006 Black Cobalt SS Supercharged G85
13.91@102.77

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 2:22 PM
you can buy a stand alone for $2500 then. because then you could use it on anything you wanted.

stop whining, and stop being cheap. hp isnt free and it never will be. when this software comes out, its going to change j tuning as we know it. $500 is real cheap for that.

Don't steal, the government doesn't like competition
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 2:31 PM
robo any updates?

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 3:09 PM
I was under the impression it was just locked to the year of the vehicle, and that you can tune as many vehicles of that year as you want. In any case if it was VIN locked how could you program a spare PCM?.... you couldn't.

Directly from HP tuners site

"VCM Suite is the most affordable tuning solution available. Add vehicle support as you go our purchase bulk vehicle types upfront and save money. Each vehicle type you purchase will allow you to reprogram any number of vehicles of that model and year. You are only "locked" to the model/years that you purchase. "
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 3:22 PM
I want it I only want to do my Sunfire any way.

Thats Him Officer The WICKED One.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search