HP Tuners Software update - Page 12 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: HP Tuners Software update
Tuesday, December 27, 2005 6:40 AM
John Higgins wrote:
NJHK (The JBO Negro) wrote:
Z Speed Cavi wrote:well im n/a for right now...... ive got some parts coming in..... tb, cams, along with the the parts that i already have header back exhaust, and intake..... ive got more things done to my car but its nothin to improve power as of right now and i just wanted to tune my motor out a lil bit then when i decide to boost i wanted to tune it for even more hp.

In your case, here is my suggestion. Before you get all excited about buying this anytime soon, you might not need it. Now I say might. N/A, your A/F ratio is usually on point. I know you did some air modifications but the biggest modification to alter it was your camshaft upgrades. So by doing this, you A/F ratio is in question and is POSSIBLY off. Now before you spend hundreds of dollars on a tuning device you don't need, go to a dyno shop, tell them you want to check your WHP/TQ ratings along with your A/F ratio. They will tell you if you are lean, rich or stoich. I highly doubt you're lean, so being rich or stoich is your possibilities.

Now I am giving you this advice from personal experience but only difference is that I have a newer computer than yours and we have 2 different motors. I don't know how the 2.4 computers handle to camshaft changes. On my ECOTEC after a camshaft change, my top end was crap, found out it was cause I was running very rich. I bought an SAFC-2, turned it down (from an original dyno tuning) and I was good from that point. You can do the same thing. Install isn't that involved and you can find your PCM pinout codes.

If you have anymore questions, just ask.

Come on now. I think what most people on this site do not understand is the N/A cars and the GM charged cars will get the biggest gain out of this programing. I'm not saying turbo cars will not gain, just saying I feel the N/A and the GM charged cars will gain the most.
Why?? N/A our cars run rich from the factory. Yes doing some mods like intake, cams etc.. can throw that off. This sytem will allow for us to tune better than a SAFC will. For a N/A car we could advance the timing some, correct fuel etc... I think with a person who knows how to tune doing it, a N/A car would pick up some unreal power with a set of cams.
For the GM charger guys, the GM flash retards a lot of timing. This is done so they can give a warranty, but this is killing power. There is many turbo cars not taking in timing out. Give some timing back to the GM flash and BAM!! see some sweet numbers!!!
This program will also help the turbo people to fully tune as well, but it has been proven you can run a turbo set-up with out fully programmable computer and make power. The turbo guys could use a GM reflash to start and program it to there likings.

Listen, he asked what he could do now. Sure this big whoopdie doo program of HP Tuners will be super duper great, but guess what, it's not here! People want to modify, people shouldn't stop modifying so they could wait for a program to release or any other product...FIND OTHER OPTIONS! Plain and simple, he asked me for my advice, I gave him my advice and a bit of my experience. Yes, the HP Tuners will have a ton of options and bla bla bla but if someone wants to help from running slightly rich, there are other programs like an SAFC that will help...might not be the best...but it helps.

I'm not trying to do another page long argument with you guys, I was mearly answer his questions.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Friday, January 06, 2006 2:27 PM
Anything new?

"My name is Bruce, I live in a tree, I eat nuts and berries, hee hee hee hee."
Friday, January 06, 2006 2:42 PM
I put on a t shirt to day

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Friday, January 06, 2006 10:58 PM
is this gonna happen?is this software ever going to be released by some company?

Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Stock!!!!!
Friday, January 06, 2006 11:03 PM
Firepower wrote:is this gonna happen?is this software ever going to be released by some company?

Right now it's kind of like asking a blind guy if he witnessed a murder...we have no idea what is going on or what's happening lol.

Saturday, January 07, 2006 1:51 AM
IMO this thing will NEVER be here...

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Saturday, January 07, 2006 1:59 AM
QBE (73H 800573D 0N3) wrote:IMO this thing will NEVER be here...

Seriously...

I mean, look at this...

Thursday, December 30, 2004 5:03 AM

That's when this thread was started....a whole year has gone by, nothing. Granted, the first post wasn't saying "who is interested in actually buying one if it's made?"...this was a thread started saying "We haven't forgotten about you guys", which means they were already doing "research".

I'm sure when the RSX-S first came out companies had computer devices for it with in a couple months of its release, as well as turbo kits and body kits etc etc.

If it comes out...super...but don't get your hopes up, look in other places.

Saturday, January 07, 2006 3:52 AM
Adam youll be happy to know that some companys were realieasing software and Performcane parts before the RSX even came out

they hate us this much |_____________|

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Saturday, January 07, 2006 5:47 AM
Jcavi wrote:Adam youll be happy to know that some companys were realieasing software and Performcane parts before the RSX even came out

they hate us this much |_____________|

Oh of course I know that but that shows how much enthusiasm they had to actually research ad develop such a product.

Saturday, January 07, 2006 8:20 AM
it will be released, i read the HP tuner forums daily. MANY MANY times they the HP Tuners employes confirm that the software is made, they are just waiting for a company to produce and send them the USB cables they are going to be using. They said the holidays made a big setback for them. There are lots of post in there forums of people asking when and if the 4 cylinder software will be released, each time they assure us that its going to be released.

THIS WILL HAPPEN

2006 Black Cobalt SS Supercharged G85
13.91@102.77
Saturday, January 07, 2006 2:38 PM
ATTENTION SHOPPERS!! THIS JUST IN,

The HP TUNERS SOFTWARE WILL BE RELEASED...... WHEN THE GM ECOTEC S/C KIT IS RELEASED !!

15.71 @ 87.9mph 9-17-05

Saturday, January 07, 2006 3:48 PM
BlackEco wrote:ATTENTION SHOPPERS!! THIS JUST IN,

The HP TUNERS SOFTWARE WILL BE RELEASED...... WHEN THE GM ECOTEC S/C KIT IS RELEASED !!

That made me chuckle, because it's true.

Saturday, January 07, 2006 3:48 PM
^ Lmao

Check out my car....
http://members.cardomain.com/o4blackfire
Saturday, January 07, 2006 3:56 PM
Maybe I will join their forums JUST to ask about the eco software. yaknow, let them know were not dead. and make sure their not too!

2004 Cavalier
13.2@105........
Mods...
BFG Drag Radials
Saab Turbo kit
2.5 exhaust, w/cutout
Spec Stage 2+ Clutch
Saturday, January 07, 2006 4:24 PM
12 pages of posts kinda proves were not dead they know were here...

But I emailed them to harass them about it too.

Check out my car....
http://members.cardomain.com/o4blackfire
Saturday, January 07, 2006 4:35 PM
If it does what it says I'm in for one

"Growing old is mandatory. Growing up? Definitely optional."
Saturday, January 07, 2006 6:33 PM
damn i cant wait til its released, then i can give you ladies a couple months to test it out and if all is good ill get the 2.4 tuned

Sunday, January 08, 2006 4:42 AM
FstCavZ24 (Turbo ECO) wrote:

Friends, where do you see that info? link?

Thanks,

ELIOT. Now.....boosted.

Sunday, January 08, 2006 6:59 AM
Eliot wrote:
FstCavZ24 (Turbo ECO) wrote:

Friends, where do you see that info? link?

Thanks,

I'm thinking it's a joke, as the GM SC for the ecotec has been rumored to be coming out for almost as long as this software. I do believe that this software will come out, I'm just not sure if I'll still have my car when it happens. I've already been waiting optimistically for over a year, my plans are pretty much on hold until this happens.

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?
Sunday, January 08, 2006 9:07 AM
They've lost my money... I got a good deal on a Tec3 .

"The FACTS are always subject to CHANGE once the TRUTH is applied"
"In the entire history of man the only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked"
Sunday, January 08, 2006 12:03 PM
this will come out when honda kids start swapping ecotes into there hatches...

ie: never

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Sunday, January 08, 2006 12:06 PM
there is that crx that has a Q4 in it

Sunday, January 08, 2006 12:15 PM
yes I know.. but thats not an ecotec

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Sunday, January 08, 2006 5:16 PM
sigh

Blew it up
Sunday, January 08, 2006 6:18 PM
werd.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search