HP Tuners Software update - Page 13 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: HP Tuners Software update
Monday, January 09, 2006 11:44 AM
FRICK!

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Monday, January 09, 2006 4:07 PM
Our cars are no where near as popular as Hondas. In fact, Sunfires are considered by many to be a girls car, and the result is I get made fun of alot. I have an '05 Sunfire with an intake and gutted cat, and would love programing to compliment current and future mods, but we have to be patient.

Some times the best way to get that tailgater off your but is to light a fart.
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 9:07 PM
up we go

Blew it up
Thursday, January 12, 2006 2:11 PM
NJHK (The JBO Negro) wrote:I'm sure when the RSX-S first came out companies had computer devices for it with in a couple months of its release, as well as turbo kits and body kits etc etc.

this has to do with GM.. encryption.. if we had open and documented standards like honda then we'd have software already. blame GM it has taken so long.

also we have TOO many body kits already. most of them suck..

Sven you totally quarterloafed your computer..
Friday, January 13, 2006 10:07 AM
never going to happen i gave up all hope a while ago

MY 2003 SUNFIRE 15.63@87.86mph

"A N/A ecotec is not gonna give Honda's and Mitsu's that much of a run for their
money unless their blown or bottle fed.GM is still smokin crack!"
~1QWKZ24
www.streetracing.org, 08/2001
Friday, January 13, 2006 12:55 PM
I'm just going to offer bill gates a crisp new $50 bill to figure it out.

Check out my cardomain Team Altered

Friday, January 13, 2006 2:37 PM
Bill Gates to that ^"....They come as small as fifties?..."

Friday, January 13, 2006 6:19 PM
i actually heard that if bill gates bends down to pick up a $100 bill he is waisting his time because averaged out he makes more then $100 per second

Click My Sig For My Website
Friday, January 13, 2006 9:55 PM
http://65.109.52.43/home_index.htm
DHP any one heard of these guys?

Thats Him Officer The WICKED One.

Friday, January 13, 2006 10:43 PM
My Boss has a 2004 GTP. He uses the DHP Tuner. That setup really works great. I had him see what parameters would show up on my car. (2002 Sunfire, Eco/Manual) There was quite a bit of info, but not enough to get anywhere. I mentioned to him (my boss) just today that it would be nice if this guy could come up with something for us but, (According to my boss) DHP is a one man show, and is VERY busy. But, he says that he will ask him.

We test drove a 1999 GTP (141K Miles on it) today, and just ran the diagnostics. That test helped me walk away from a problem child.

BTW... The DHP setup allows you to program two VIN's.

Rob

Need to find me a Quote...

Friday, January 13, 2006 11:02 PM
DOH!!! Hold that thought!

Looking at the DHP website, this may not be the Tuner that my boss has??? I didn't see anything about the multiple VIN's.

I sincerely apologize if I am wrong. I will however, find out exactly which one he has, and will let everyone know about it.

Rob

Need to find me a Quote...

Friday, January 13, 2006 11:49 PM
taken from DHP's website:

"What cars do you support?
DHP plans to support all OBD-II and later GM applications. To see the most current list of supported applications, please refer to the Products & Services section of our website."

I say we contact these guys anyway, and see what they can do for us. There's quite the potential market here for them.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Saturday, January 14, 2006 2:02 AM
i seen on the hp tuners forum yesterday chris said something about 2-3 weeks from yesterdayish im guessing the USB cables will be in and then they can release the 2200,2.2 eco and 2.4 software and look for beta users. im really looking forward to these next few weeks.......hopefully its not a bluff this time

Saturday, January 14, 2006 2:21 AM
I hope not.

Might look at these DHP guys too. A direct drop in PCM would be nice, and it sounds like they have a lot of history. They haven't done any 4 cylinder work though.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Saturday, January 14, 2006 6:33 AM
just to clearn things up, they are not supporting the ecotec at this time.

2006 Black Cobalt SS Supercharged G85
13.91@102.77
Saturday, January 14, 2006 7:44 AM
-JaysonZ24- wrote:just to clearn things up, they are not supporting the ecotec at this time.

No Eco support? I have a ohv, so I don't care... but I'm supprised. Wow, gonna be alot of disapointed Eco owners. I guess they'll have to get their tuning elsewhere.

Saturday, January 14, 2006 8:32 AM
^ they will, but the votes came in for the 2.4 and 2200

http://www.cardomain.com/id/oyyci
http://photobucket.com/albums/d170/Oyyci/
Saturday, January 14, 2006 9:02 AM
BOOSTED wrote:i seen on the hp tuners forum yesterday chris said something about 2-3 weeks from yesterdayish im guessing the USB cables will be in and then they can release the 2200,2.2 eco and 2.4 software and look for beta users. im really looking forward to these next few weeks.......hopefully its not a bluff this time
I hope not too...I really need this...

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Saturday, January 14, 2006 9:04 AM
i hope so , i need programing badly with my s/c auto

Saturday, January 14, 2006 9:42 AM
ill get ahold of my guy there and get an update. i hang out once in a while with him and he works there. Ill see what is going on and how far we are from getting them into production. People have got to be patient. granted its been a year, they never gave a set date. anybody wrote code before, if you have its tough stuff. then there are bugs to work out, i will see whats up.

Saturday, January 14, 2006 11:02 AM
go figure ecotecs get no love..

but on a happier note I'd rather someone screw something up with the other engines first

nah I would like to see this out for any of our J's just to see what it can do

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Saturday, January 14, 2006 4:35 PM
Where did it say they will not support the ecotec? I read one post that said the cobalt was on their list so I would assume other ecotecs also? I searched their site for a bit but must have missed it.
Friday, January 20, 2006 10:52 PM
I read on their boards that they do plan to support the eco in the cobalt. Does anyone know what that means to us?
Saturday, January 21, 2006 1:37 AM
Eco in Cobalt completely different than Eco in cavy from a software standpoint, totally different PCM.

15.71 @ 87.9mph 9-17-05
Saturday, January 21, 2006 7:42 AM
yes, they as of right now do not have any software made for the 2.2L ecotec in the cavaliers. They have the software made for the OHV and LD9. Reason is when it came time to vote for which cars to make softare for, the cavalier ecotec owners were no where to be found. Maybe they just assumed since there engine was the newest it would automatically be made. . . If the LD9 and OHV software sells well, and people are asking for the ecotec then they will make it.

2006 Black Cobalt SS Supercharged G85
13.91@102.77
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search