HP Tuners Software update - Page 24 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: HP Tuners Software update
Monday, March 20, 2006 12:54 PM
Wild Weasel wrote:Hmm... if you're lending your car to someone else... can you set it up in a sort of limp mode with the speed limiter at 65 mph and rev limiter at 3500 rpm?

Yup

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Monday, March 20, 2006 8:38 PM
Ordered mine tonight, nothing to do but sick back and wait

15.149 @ 91.26mph 3-18-2006
Monday, March 20, 2006 8:41 PM
Shifted wrote:
SpeedRacerZ wrote:I'll be picking up licenses for '99 and '02....

when you order, your placing an order for the cable and scanner..... you need to apply your 'credits' towards licenses you want. I have yet to find out how to contact them to apply the credits. On their site, it looks like you plug into the car, and it asks if you would like to purchase a license for that vehicle...... but IDK yet.

Thats exactly it. When you plug the cable in and start up the software, if that vehicle isn't licensed then the software asks you if you want to license it (showing available credits). No interaction HPT or even any need to decide when ordering what you will license it for.

So Im assuming you need an internet connection for it to call home and apply credits when you first plug it in? Thank god for my neighbors wireless.

Monday, March 20, 2006 8:50 PM
I'll wait to order. Need the 2 bar map incorporated

Blew it up
Monday, March 20, 2006 8:50 PM
No, no need for an internet connection when licensing vehicles, you don't need to have an internet connection until you buy more credits (you get 8 when you buy it).

Monday, March 20, 2006 8:54 PM
I will wait for the GM s/c too, then I will buy it for sure, I have the money, just need support.

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Monday, March 20, 2006 9:12 PM
so this will work on ecotecs and it will tune boosted motors? if so... i think i just got 650 bucks more in debt lol

here comes the boost!
Tuesday, March 21, 2006 12:53 AM
teamjenzo wrote:so this will work on ecotecs and it will tune boosted motors? if so... i think i just got 650 bucks more in debt lol

no

Blew it up
Tuesday, March 21, 2006 6:01 AM
what if he has the GM s/c Ecotec reflash, are they going to support that soon?

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 7:15 AM
Some please give a quick review. I am going through this thread and i am getting confused. Who is is this going to benefit. What are the parameters we can make modifications to. etc. I really just need a quick update.

Also, i went on the website, what is the credit when you purchase??

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 7:59 AM
98redcavz24 wrote:
teamjenzo wrote:so this will work on ecotecs and it will tune boosted motors? if so... i think i just got 650 bucks more in debt lol

no

Actually, thats wrong, you can do a significant amount of tuning with a 1 bar tune on a boosted system. You can change the ECU so it thinks stoich is 11.8 or whatever you want. You can also change a lot of timing, etc.

MyLife-

I'll get you an exact list of what we can do when I get the cable, I've been looking at the V8 stuff and its pretty insane with the number of parameters you can edit. You can change pretty much everything for how the system works.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 8:02 AM
ge_forcez22 wrote:what if he has the GM s/c Ecotec reflash, are they going to support that soon?

It's my understanding that there is no Ecotec support in the works right now.

Probably just a matter of time though. I'm sure it'll be out soon after they realize how much money they're making from the rest of the 4-cyl line.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 8:04 AM
how well do you think this will work for tuning N/A ECOtec motors? also has anyone gotten their cable yet?

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 8:09 AM
yeah I am curious as to what all this software alllows you to do.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 8:21 AM
Ecoclean wrote:yeah I am curious as to what all this software alllows you to do.

Read through this thread and check the website.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 8:27 AM
Oh yeah what is the credit thing they talk about when purchasing

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 8:40 AM
I've been following this for a while now and an very interested in purchasing, but im worried about what happens if the program has problems or anything like that, I dont want to spend 500+ on this if I have to spend 500+ a few months down the road. Maybe I missed this being explained, If so I apologize.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 8:42 AM
Wild Weasel wrote:
ge_forcez22 wrote:what if he has the GM s/c Ecotec reflash, are they going to support that soon?

It's my understanding that there is no Ecotec support in the works right now.

Probably just a matter of time though. I'm sure it'll be out soon after they realize how much money they're making from the rest of the 4-cyl line.

Actually they DO have Eco support, if you read through the site, it says 97-05.

MyLife-

When you buy the software, you get 8 credits. These credits are used to tune vehicles. Most vehicles require 2 credits to tune, and after you apply your credits for that vehicle, you can do unlimited tunes on that vehicle.

So, for example, for me, I will be tuning my vehicle, that uses 2 credits, 2 credits to license a vehicle down in Milwaukee to get the 2 bar tune, and then I'll have 4 credits left over. 2 of the leftover credits I have will be used for the 2 bar enhancement, and then I still have an extra vehicle that I could tune.

You don't have to decide when ordering on what you'll use the credits for, they get used when you connect to the vehicle the first time.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 8:44 AM
SunfireGTguy2120 wrote:I've been following this for a while now and an very interested in purchasing, but im worried about what happens if the program has problems or anything like that, I dont want to spend 500+ on this if I have to spend 500+ a few months down the road. Maybe I missed this being explained, If so I apologize.

Why would you have to? If they find bugs in the software during beta, then they fix the bugs and give you a new version. Its not set in stone, bugs are usually pretty easy to fix.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 10:07 AM
1) so if you already have the GM s/c reflash it is only 2 credits... right?(2 credits for that one car)

2) with bar enhancement that means if you have a 1.0 bar now you can upgrade to 2.0 bar for an extra 2 credits (4 credits in total for that one car)

3)if you wanna save some money or make some money back, you can sell some credits/tuning time to friends or whatever, Ihaven't even bought my unit yet, but I have my extra 6 credits sold already. Instead of paying 650 I'll be getting almost 400 back

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 10:32 AM
ge_forcez22 wrote:1) so if you already have the GM s/c reflash it is only 2 credits... right?(2 credits for that one car)

2) with bar enhancement that means if you have a 1.0 bar now you can upgrade to 2.0 bar for an extra 2 credits (4 credits in total for that one car)

3)if you wanna save some money or make some money back, you can sell some credits/tuning time to friends or whatever, Ihaven't even bought my unit yet, but I have my extra 6 credits sold already. Instead of paying 650 I'll be getting almost 400 back

Hmm... if you get rid of a car, can you then use those credits for a different car?

Like... I sell 2 credits for $100 to some kid to remove his speed limiter... then he kills himself... can I sell those 2 credits to another stupid kid?

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 10:38 AM
Quote:

I sell 2 credits for $100 to some kid to remove his speed limiter... then he kills himself... can I sell those 2 credits to another stupid kid?

only problem is that stupid kid in the process of killing himself, kills some dudes son at the park, and then people will be very upset. But, the answer is NO, once they are denoted to a car they are gone.

I have seen a superchips tuner that you could tune a truck, and if you removed the tuning you could then use it on a different vehicle, but I believe it locked the programmer with vehicke VIN or something.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 11:05 AM
ever notice how many idiots we have on this site? Every page covers the same questions over and over...... THERE IS A REASON THREADS STAY ALIVE, SO YOU CAN READ THEM.

time to remove this post from my email list.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 11:14 AM
oooh..now i understand the credits thingy. i was confused but thanks shifted for explaining. definitly getting one asap. it'll be cool if someone tunes their N/A eco and "shares" us their settings/recommendations. . lazy me

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 12:07 PM
Yeah once a couple of us get the software and start to play with it well start another thread discussing it. My guess is it could be a couple weeks before I get the cable. Meanwhile I need to get the bung welded into my header for the wideband, they are releasing an update so the LC-1 will plug right into the box for datalogging without a laptop.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search