HP Tuners Software update - Page 27 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: HP Tuners Software update
Friday, March 24, 2006 10:18 AM
Yeah well hopefully soon there will be a huge amount of 4 bangers too tune also

15.149 @ 91.26mph 3-18-2006

Friday, March 24, 2006 10:22 AM
1. Keith Foerst (RenegadeZ24)
2. Phil gruver (quickblackecotec) still not holding my breath
3. Ron Beyer (Shifted)
4. Chad K (FstCavZ24)
5. Adam Coleman (NJ's Honda Killa)
6. John M. (BOOSTED)

Friday, March 24, 2006 10:23 AM
^????

What is that list for?

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Friday, March 24, 2006 11:00 AM
i'm savin my money up for this right now

Friday, March 24, 2006 11:22 AM
shifted, you were expecting your cable on the 19... right? ( monday) did you get it already? how is it working for you?

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Friday, March 24, 2006 11:26 AM
Shifted wrote:^????

What is that list for?

Seriously. No lists here. This isn't a GP, it's a discussion.

Friday, March 24, 2006 12:03 PM
ge_forcez22 wrote:shifted, you were expecting your cable on the 19... right? ( monday) did you get it already? how is it working for you?

I expected it early in the week because I thought it shipped from Chicago, but its actually coming from Orlando Florida, and I'm hoping its here today or tomorrow.

Friday, March 24, 2006 12:20 PM
im waiting for mine too......

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Friday, March 24, 2006 12:37 PM
Shifted wrote:^ VINs do have motor designations

They do it like that because of the way the V8 stuff works. If somebody buys a model year for an LS1, then they can tune a HUGE amount of vehicles...

Isn't that the POINT of buying a model year?

I'm also interested if you unlock a model year, and the 2bar support, will the 2 bar support apply to the whole model year? It would be great if it did!

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?
Friday, March 24, 2006 12:44 PM
Yes it does.

Friday, March 24, 2006 12:47 PM
hey shifted what great weather for tuning, eh

Sven you totally quarterloafed your computer..

Friday, March 24, 2006 12:50 PM
btw im still slacking, i still need to get another cav (should be able to get a dead one with my tax return). i gotta put together THE LIST for the pcm/eco swap into a 97-99 though.

Sven you totally quarterloafed your computer..
Friday, March 24, 2006 1:02 PM
I saw on the HP forums where some of you guys bought the beta version already. Keep us posted over here when you start tweaking. If you have alot of J's in the area it would be cool to buy the whole model year. Not bad if everyone pitches in.
Waiting on your results!

2004 Cavalier. Razzi. (Sold)
1998 Corvette. Some mods.
1992 Typhoon. Lots of mods.
1994 Civic VX 44MPG
Friday, March 24, 2006 1:23 PM
I'll post screenshots and whatnot in a new thread when I get it on these forums.

Friday, March 24, 2006 1:37 PM
god I'm glad I stopped the emails.

I dont understand why this is so hard for you guys to understand.

HP Tuners software will work for 97-05 (95/96 possibly later), all engines. 2bar support is being worked on for the 00+ 2.4's and EcoTecs because GM already did the leg work and devloped a 2 bar Operating System for those.

The way the licenses is set up, is you can purchase ONE CAR license, or one YEAR license, or ALL of them (if you have the cash to do so). Its all done by VIN number, which breaks the cars down into Make/Model/engine...... so HP set up their product the same way.

You can PURCHASE IT NOW. You will recieve the BETA version, and if any bugs are found, when they update it you will recieve the UPDATE FOR NO CHARGE. Same with the 2 bar support, you can add that option later, when its made available.

The software is sent to you over the internet, the cable threw the mail. Any updates would be over the internet, instant updates.

READ BEFORE YOU TYPE its in the rules, if I was a mod I'd be handing out some warnings for sure.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Friday, March 24, 2006 2:42 PM
heh. I figured a lot of the dribble in this thread was helping to keep it on the first page of the performance forum.

Friday, March 24, 2006 2:51 PM
I think this is a new question...

I was looking at the enhanced I/O box, and noticed that it has 2 programible outputs, could I use one of those to trigger a relay for my alcohol injection system, based on boost levels?

Friday, March 24, 2006 3:05 PM
Yeah you can. As of right now, you would still need the laptop hooked up to it, but as soon as they release the firmware upgrade (a simple download), you can actually keep that programmed in when just the cable is plugged in.

Friday, March 24, 2006 3:27 PM
so there is no 2 bar map for the 2200. how mutch would this software help my boosted 2200.

Friday, March 24, 2006 3:44 PM
It can still help, you can adjust what the stoich a/f ratio is, timing, injector sizes, idle, shift points, fans, etc, and I'm working on a way to get the 2 bar for the guys who don't have the option of swapping to a 2k+ 2.4L or Eco ECU.

Friday, March 24, 2006 5:43 PM
Wild Weasel wrote:heh. I figured a lot of the dribble in this thread was helping to keep it on the first page of the performance forum.

its one thing to keep it up top (mods can sticky) another to flood my email with the same questions..... lol I do my best to help out with questions, but when you answer the same ones 40 times in one thread, it kinda gets on your nerves.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Friday, March 24, 2006 7:10 PM
GUYS!!! frmo here on lets not flame, please read before posting, shifted is helping everyone out lots, and speedracer, I have likely reposted, I am guilty, but guys lets keep this clean and awesome, there'll be many new threads about it once it's out,

---sorry for the rant (kinda) but this is one thread we have without flames

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Friday, March 24, 2006 7:54 PM
so who all has ordered it besides myself and Shifted???

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Friday, March 24, 2006 8:00 PM
SpeedRacerZ has ordered it, and I think there are a couple eco guys who have.

Friday, March 24, 2006 9:02 PM
so this software would be worth the money if you have a 2002 2200. I would just have to set the stoich and it will work even with the stock map settings.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search