ECU - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ECU
Monday, August 29, 2005 12:19 PM
Is it true that i have to change my ecu for a 5 speed swap?

i have a 95 2.2 auto and im swapping to a 5 speed Isuzu...do i need to change my ECU? are they different?

i look at the searches, and every one says different..

what is the ACTUAL answer?

SPONSORED BY: CAVALIER EXTREME

Re: ECU
Monday, August 29, 2005 7:08 PM
????

Monday, August 29, 2005 7:25 PM
yes..i believe so...but just curious..why an isuzu?? are you keeping the same engine? why not go with a getrag?

"Freedom 'ought to have its limits"-George W. Bush may 31 1999 (who voted for this idiot?)

Monday, August 29, 2005 9:33 PM
scott trent wrote:yes..i believe so...but just curious..why an isuzu?? are you keeping the same engine? why not go with a getrag?

If he's keeping the same engine than he has to use the Isuzu tranny.

And to answer your question, yes, you need a 5-speed computer from a car that has a 2.2 OHV 5-speed.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Monday, August 29, 2005 10:50 PM
you won't need the entire computer. there is i believe either two chips or one chip (search around on this site, i know i have seen pictures and descriptions, it's ORANGE) that has the 5spd information for the PCM in those years. You can pick up what you need brand new from GM for like $30

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Monday, August 29, 2005 11:06 PM
Spotabee Racing wrote:you won't need the entire computer. there is i believe either two chips or one chip (search around on this site, i know i have seen pictures and descriptions, it's ORANGE) that has the 5spd information for the PCM in those years. You can pick up what you need brand new from GM for like $30

I just thought about it...wouldn't he have the OBDI computer?

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Tuesday, August 30, 2005 7:26 AM
first off GM dosent have ECU's i suggest buying a honda for one.
if you asking if you need a ECM\PCM\VCM then yes you do, but it has to be out of a 95 spd... as that was a convert year for GM with obd1 to obd-2

Spotabee Racing
GM hasent been using chips sence 95 and eaven then it was only in the cavalier 5spd's so "chiping" a auto pcm wouldent work... flashing a 95 computer in to thinking it was a 96 5spd or a 99 5spd may work... i really dont know, brian ( speedracerZ ) may though... hes the reflash guy here.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Tuesday, August 30, 2005 1:19 PM
yes i am keeping the same OHV engine... so thats why i use isuzu...

so it HAS to be out of a 95...cant be anything else...

Tuesday, August 30, 2005 7:10 PM
?

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 11:52 AM
okay, i have called the dealer and they said i need the e chip for the module or something...

so instead of buying this chip...and getting it programmed, can i just buy a ECM out of a 95 manual?

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 12:53 PM
ya, that should work.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search