ECU Chip - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ECU Chip
Tuesday, May 24, 2005 3:08 PM
Ok, I have yet to start on upgrades for my 2005 Cavy. And the first things that I want are performance upgrades, I have to go with the saying "dont look fast if your not". So one of the upgrades I wanted to do was to get a new ECU chip. I know they are pretty cheap and give a fair amount of HP. So does anyone have any suggestions for ECU chips that I shouls buy. And I would like to hear some opinions from people that have upgraded their ECU chips.

Re: ECU Chip
Tuesday, May 24, 2005 3:13 PM
i'll save the trouble of everyone else. there are no "chips" you have to reprogram or reflash, whatever its called, and it's not cheap... no way in hell cheap, like 500 or more. good luck with that though. if you really want cheap hp, the cheapest you'll find is a new exhaust and a different intake. pulleys work good too.
Tuesday, May 24, 2005 3:48 PM
first read the FAQ, it's not there as decoration. that kind of question qould have been answer if you would have read.

then you can ask a good question.

any kind of "chip" or module that you can find for 96+ J are SCAM. don't even try to ask or say that it might work, it doesn't and it has been dynoed.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Tuesday, May 24, 2005 5:33 PM
The only "chips" they have are these small resistor chips that claim to increase the HP by 20. It is total bulls*it. It is just a chip that makes the ECU change the fuel/air ratio mix and puts more fuel into the injectors and makes the engine work harder. There is a small difference in power, but your gas milege will take a hit from it. Its also not that safe exactly...
Tuesday, May 24, 2005 5:55 PM
please stop saying "and puts more fuel into the injectors " you just look like a kid saying that. there's always fuel in the injectors. what the Ecm do is change the pulse not add more fuel into the injectors

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Tuesday, May 24, 2005 8:47 PM
Ok, I guess I will just look for one of those programmers, later though. What about Jet Chips? I know a guy putting one into his corvette, and then I know another guys that replaced his ECU in his Durango and almost got a 30 HP increase.
Tuesday, May 24, 2005 9:19 PM
TJ Watson wrote:Ok, I guess I will just look for one of those programmers, later though. What about Jet Chips? I know a guy putting one into his corvette, and then I know another guys that replaced his ECU in his Durango and almost got a 30 HP increase.

please read the FAQ, all of this is covered, even the jet chip... its in the first section at that.... top of the forum, first post...

Tuesday, May 24, 2005 10:18 PM
TJ Watson wrote:Ok, I guess I will just look for one of those programmers, later though. What about Jet Chips? I know a guy putting one into his corvette, and then I know another guys that replaced his ECU in his Durango and almost got a 30 HP increase.

there is no chip for your car. this "JET chip" is junk. and there are no programmers, not yet anyway

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Wednesday, May 25, 2005 2:59 AM
Why is it this time of year it seems there are 3 of these damn posts every day about "chiping" my car and crap sold on ebay? Everyone wants to be 3 fast 3 furious I guess.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005 5:39 AM
dont be dissin vin desil. RIDDICK GONNA KICK YO ASS

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Wednesday, May 25, 2005 12:51 PM
actually jbody performance is now able to reflash your OBD 2 ecu for $600

formerly Honda Killer

Wednesday, May 25, 2005 12:53 PM
for 600$ you better have had something done to the car worthwhile to take advantage of

Wednesday, May 25, 2005 12:58 PM
i had it done about a month ago and even though I havent had it dynoed yet I can definitly tell a difference

formerly Honda Killer
Wednesday, May 25, 2005 1:00 PM
possibly, but for that to be verified, most will request a before and after dyno.....

Wednesday, May 25, 2005 1:05 PM
listening for skyline dreams reply

you have to stand for something, or you're bound to fall for anything
Wednesday, May 25, 2005 1:07 PM
well im deployed to iraq right now I had the wife take it to thier shop for the upgrade and we dont have a dyno in our area so it will have to wait till I get back

formerly Honda Killer
Wednesday, May 25, 2005 1:10 PM
by that time it will also be turboed with a t3/t4 hybrid and a custom shortblock with a custom racing head and Im going to up my nitrous to a 75 shot. Oh its a 2.2l ohv 2002

formerly Honda Killer
Wednesday, May 25, 2005 1:14 PM
so did you get this reflashed for n/a or for turbo, cause usually you will prob need another 600$ reflaash if its for n/a

those two profiles usually arent the same.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005 1:17 PM
^ They do it free after you buy the first one

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, May 25, 2005 1:18 PM
lifetime deal thingy? not bad.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005 1:21 PM
yea ill get the next one for free and it is juiced right now but no turbo just yet

formerly Honda Killer

Wednesday, May 25, 2005 1:24 PM
yeah i would consider nitrous/forced induction a decent bit of mods....

Wednesday, May 25, 2005 1:29 PM
I just cant wait for the shortblock and head to come so when I get back I can run some serious boost. The only down side is that all the mods are gonna run me about 11000. it a good thing I have a good wife

formerly Honda Killer
Wednesday, May 25, 2005 1:50 PM
geeze dude what exactly are you planning?

Sunday, June 12, 2005 3:49 AM
exodus 259 wrote:The only "chips" they have are these small resistor chips that claim to increase the HP by 20. It is total bulls*it. It is just a chip that makes the ECU change the fuel/air ratio mix and puts more fuel into the injectors and makes the engine work harder. There is a small difference in power, but your gas milege will take a hit from it. Its also not that safe exactly...

actually the resistors fool the computer into thinking its like 55 degrees outside or something i think

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search