Megasquirt question - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Megasquirt question
Monday, November 21, 2005 4:42 PM
Im looking into putting in a megasquirt system in my 04 Cav when i get back from deployment. I was just wondering if THIS is the right one to get. I'm really not to hot into making the whole thing myself so i am willing to pay a little more to have someone else do it.

Thanks
Riki

~Riki

SPONSORED BY: No one!
Car Domain Site

Re: Megasquirt question
Monday, November 21, 2005 5:56 PM
That would work just fine.
If you want to save a little cash you could buy the MS with the 2.2pcb and run msns-extra will work just as good ,less a couple outputs.http://megasquirt.sourceforge.net/extra/

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 2:57 PM
I'm gonna go off on a small tangent in this thread, rather than making a new one.

The link that Riki posted is the MS2 with PCM3.0, does anybody know how well it works on a certain supercharged V6?? Say, a 3800 Series 2? I'm just exploring options right now, but so far I'm thinking of either finding a 3800 Series 2 S/C, or find a reg 3.8L and go turbo - possibly twin turbo.

I've been reading a lot of stuff on the MS in the past few hours, and saw that it is non-sequential injection, which causes me to question it's use with a boosted V6. Maybe the banks would fire something like:
X Y
Y X
X Y

That look about right?

I think I need to enroll in ITT and get a Masters in Electrical Engineering... Than go to UTI or Wyotech and get a Masters in Engine & Systems

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 4:45 PM
how do u install this?
thanks james

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 9:40 PM
The megasquirt can control any engine you want to use. All the information you need is on the website. I would suggest you submit further questioning to msefi.com, although you will not meet a warm welcome unless you have taken the time to understand the system by reading the extensive documentation.

Just quickly:

-See Robbie's post above for the original question..

-Sequential injection isn't a necessity for a car to run. Batch injection will work just fine.

-You can set the injection however you want through 720 degs of revolution, though it will remain batch injection. 1 squirt, 2 squirts, 3 squirts, etc.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 11:32 PM
Quote:

I'm gonna go off on a small tangent in this thread, rather than making a new one.

Well then you'll get the credit for jacking this guy's thread.

Why not use a GM pcm designed to control the SC3800? It would save you many, many hours of tuning to have a factory calibration delivered to you. Believe me, I know.

Quote:

I'm thinking of either finding a 3800 Series 2 S/C, or find a reg 3.8L and go turbo - possibly twin turbo.

The cost of the SC engines is really not too high, from what I've seen. If you want a turbo, buy the SC engine (built for boost) and replace the SC and maybe the heads with standard NA parts, then connect to a turbo.

Quote:

I've been reading a lot of stuff on the MS in the past few hours, and saw that it is non-sequential injection, which causes me to question it's use with a boosted V6.

Excidium know his facts. Sequential injection was developed for emissions. The first boosted Buick v6 wasn't even injected! The first injected GN's were batch fire ( and non intercooled ). The Syclone and Typhoon are also batch fire. So are Turbo Grand Prix's with the 3.1 liter engine. The injection is set up in two banks of 3. Depending on the application and the programming, it will fire 3 or 6 injectors at a time. When it's 3 at a time, they fire in alternating banks of 3.

A B
A B
A B

Each bank takes turns firing when the ecm/ pcm receives a reference pulse from the ignition module.

For more questions start a new thread.

Riki, nice to see another person choosing not to support the $3000 aftermarket standalone craziness.

-->Slow
Thursday, December 01, 2005 6:46 AM
OK, thanks for the answers I'll make sure to do a lot more research before posting any more questions.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search