MegaSquirt for Eco - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
MegaSquirt for Eco
Monday, August 08, 2005 10:16 AM
Does anyone have an Eco running on the MegaSquirt system? If so how hard was the install? What all does it controll? Fuel and spark? How hard is it to tune with a wideband? Thanks for the info.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:
and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.

Re: MegaSquirt for Eco
Monday, August 08, 2005 10:22 AM
I believe it hooks up the same way as the Greddy E-manage. Here is some info for you:

PCM Diagram

Greddy E-Manage Hookup (Should be similar)

Also, I know of one person that had it which was QuickBlackEcotec, you can ask him to see if it was hard or not but it would more than likely hook up the same way as the e-manage.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Monday, August 08, 2005 4:00 PM
I am currently installing it on my 2003 Cavalier with the Ecotec. It just depends on what you want to do with it if you want to just do fuel than it is real easy. If you want to do fuel and spark it is a bit more complicated it is possible but you have to switch to an older GM DIS module and coils and you lose function of your cluster. I don't know of your skill with a soldering iron but there not to bad to build (I have built 10 units for me and my friends) I sell complete ready to go units on ebay. I have a couple of units in stock and ready to go they will be on ebay tonight.

By using the extra firmware MegaSquirt n Spark you can control a lot of stuff like N2O control, Dual tables switchable, launch control, shift light, and abunch of other stuff. You have to add some extra little circuts to that kind of stuff.
Tuesday, August 09, 2005 2:21 PM
I'm currently building a megasquirt for my project car.

Which GM DIS module/coil do you need for an ecotec? I'm converting my opel corsa to run on a 2.2 ecotec, I'm having trouble with the ECU/EMS. The cars over here have an immobiliser transponder chip which is paired with the ECU. The engine I got did not come with the transponder so the ECU is useless. Opel wont reconfigure the ECU to a different chip either.

Basically I want to run the car electrics off the old ECU, e.g controling headlights, brakes etc. but I want the megasquirt to control the engine. Is it possible to do this with megasquirt and a GM DIS module, if I just wired in an engine start button?
Tuesday, August 09, 2005 6:31 PM
DJ clueless is running mega squirt on his turbo ecotec that ran a 12.8.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 12:32 AM
read everything on their website

http://www.megasquirt.info

and then check out the forums at http://www.msefi.com

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search