emanage or what? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
emanage or what?
Wednesday, November 09, 2005 3:25 PM
i tried searching but didnt find what i was looking for, a local shop tried to sell me the emanage for 700 canadian installed. im not sure if this is a good deal or is there another product that ishould consider. i plan to go boost here shortly, so i will need something to control the fuel. if you could please help me make a good dission and inform me of other products available please do. thanks abunch

Re: emanage or what?
Wednesday, November 09, 2005 8:46 PM
$700 canadian doesn't sound like a bad deal. Look more in the boost forum for people who are boosted with the 2.4 motors and see what they are using for fuel management. I know with the ECOTEC guys that the E-manage doesn't work well because the computer is constantly fighting with it to put it back to stock or near stock A/F ratio.

Also, you can look into Megasquirt which is an Standalone Fuel Management system. This will totally bypass your stock computer as far as fuel goes and you will have full control of your fuel supply. Go to www.megasquirt.info for more information.

Good Luck.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 9:38 PM
The e-manage is an excellent kit. That's a damn good price as well. If you are interested in trying a Megasquirt, click here for a pre-assembled Megasquirt 2 unit for $410 US

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Thursday, November 10, 2005 5:54 AM
i was talking to a greddy rep about the emanage, and moslty he was telling me that the emanage wouldn't be able to talk to the sensors, or wouldn't be a good piggy-back for the ecotec. They just havn't really messed with the ecotecs.... suposedly.... !!!
Apex-i i think was also the same deal....
there was this one company that i heard of, (wish i can recall the name right now) that you can get a fully programable, fuel and ingition stand alone system all rolled into one...
the price was 2G's but it was completeley customizable....

If there is anyone that is using any other piggy-backs, please let me know, cuz i'm not sure if i am willing to drop 2,000 just for the unit just yet.... but would like a good controler.....

This is the point where i really start getting annoyed with ricers, since they can go to any store, pick up a unit, within hours have instaled, maybe another hour or so to tune it, and call it done..........

wait for it... wait for it... NOW GO!! ---> '02 LS Sport <---
Yahoo IM : buzz122 AIM : buzz122cav
Thursday, November 10, 2005 6:20 AM
buzz122 wrote:If there is anyone that is using any other piggy-backs, please let me know, cuz i'm not sure if i am willing to drop 2,000 just for the unit just yet.... but would like a good controler.....

Megasquirt is your friend...

www.megasquirt.info

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Thursday, November 10, 2005 6:49 AM
In that case, I'd definitely Megasquirt the bitch. You CAN NOT BEAT that deal I posted above for the assmbled MegaSquirt 2. And it's more of a standalone than anything.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search