megasquirt ??? drivablity issue - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
megasquirt ??? drivablity issue
Tuesday, May 30, 2006 4:35 PM
on my 96 2.4 i have megasquirt v3 with just the fuel portion for now.
an i can cruse a little an the car could be ok one minute an the next its start jurking an bucking
an go's really rich like 9.0 rich an im not sure why the air/fuel the rest of the time is around 14.0

any info is appreated
thanks Bryan

Re: megasquirt ??? drivablity issue
Tuesday, May 30, 2006 6:18 PM
Does it do it while accelerating? Decellerating? Strickly at cruise? Are you using a wideband? Autotune? Datalog? I'm still setting mine up so I can't give you too much first hand knowledge but a little more info might get you some answers.
Tuesday, May 30, 2006 9:45 PM
do you have any datalogs? if not go get some and post them up...

is the accel enrichment kicking on from noise in the TPS?

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 8:32 AM
yes im using a wideband an strictly on accel an im using mega tune an tunix
Wednesday, May 31, 2006 8:44 AM
dude megasquirt is junk get some better tuning software like HPtuners

Opening Soon Kustom J's

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 1:59 PM
Kustom 96 Sunfire GT wrote:dude megasquirt is junk get some better tuning software like HPtuners

Dude HPT is junk it dosent support boost !!!!!! an if ya dont have anything smart to say then shut the fu*k up
Wednesday, May 31, 2006 2:20 PM
so is it doing it during cruise speeds or acceleration, because you've said both so far..

do you have any datalogs?

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 4:43 PM
for me megasquited worked great, i had a turbo probe gt,...and it was great. but i suggest u keep ur ecu.. megasquirt will mess up ur idel, if u dont run ur ecu..
Wednesday, May 31, 2006 8:23 PM
Kustom 96 Sunfire GT wrote:dude megasquirt is junk get some better tuning software like HPtuners

I knew it was coming. I was waiting. it was only a matter of time before the ignorance bit. If people want to see how the leming factor works on this site. they need not look farther then this coment.

as for your problem, it sounds like your haing a warmup problem. now mind you I and most on hear are using megatune msns so we might not be able to help you but will try.

how long can you drive for? whats your ase set at? is it on decay.

I have been having the small problem of the car ideliing and riching out during the ase decay. I set it enrichments preety close so It doesnt make much of a difference.

the other thing I can think of is your AFR tables are off. whats your AFR tables at. when does open loop hit and what authority?

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Wednesday, May 31, 2006 10:52 PM
sounds more to me like noise in the TPS circuit, turning on accel enrichments.

either that are he has an extremely point of the map, and the EGO correction set really high, to compensate for it..

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 10:52 PM
meant to say extremely lean point ^^^

Thursday, June 01, 2006 10:24 AM
Yeah Im thinking an ego corection set to high. but his AFR tables would half to be off, because he is using a wideband and its a very acurate correction. so he would have to have his tables seet way to high

what are your AFR tables set to ???

Thursday, June 01, 2006 11:04 AM
give us some more information

what board version are you using? whats the embedded code? MSnS, ms-2 or ms??

also get some datalogs and post them, it would help a ton.

Thursday, June 01, 2006 2:44 PM
its a v3 an it idles great free revs great but as soon as you go to move an it sees load it gets funny some times its not bad then all of a suden it's freakin out an its so bad it's easier to stop the car an take off agin then trying to get it to stop doing it i will try to get some data logs to help out just for an test i put the stock injectors back in an hooked up an fme an it dosent do it at all so now i might leave it like this for a few untill i get the MS all figured out

Also could someone running MS list or send me a copy of your settings to make sure mine are right

All the info is appreated guys Thanks
Bryan
Thursday, June 01, 2006 2:46 PM
an yes cruse an accel
Thursday, June 01, 2006 2:47 PM
dosent have an issue warming up an it will run an drive for as long as i want to but it messes up
Tuesday, June 13, 2006 7:34 PM
What do you mean it will run an drive for as long as you want but it messes up? does it do it only after it warms up or will it do it when it's warming up too.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 1:06 PM
dood Im not sure why I didnt think of this earlier. its your VE tables. your fuel is way off thats whats causing the jerking. I swear I should of scene it from the begineing.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 2:18 PM
Obviously his fuel is off. He was a/f ratio of 9, obviously way too rich with his larger injectors, then he puts in smaller injectors and it runs fine. Take some fuel away my friend.
Wednesday, June 14, 2006 3:25 PM
firt you should setup your required fuel for the size of injectors you are using and then you should slowly tune your ve table using either autotune (which i recommend) of by using datalogs and mega tweek. you must first (in order to use autotune) setup target air fuel ratios for your VE table and then configure autotune for the map and rpm "box" you want to tune in.

2.2 L Ecotec, P&P Head, Stage 3 Comp Cams, Supertech 76 lb Spring kit, Supertech Oversized Valves, Wiseco 8.9:1 CR Pistons, Eagle H-Beam Rods, Home-Built Turbo Kit T3/T4 57 Trim Intercooled, 78 lb/hr Racetronix Hi-Z injectors, Aeromotive FPR, Racetronix f body fuel pump,MEGASQUIRT MS3 + MS3X Finally street tuned on 21 lbs! Now if only I could get it to hook....
Thursday, June 15, 2006 9:56 AM
This sounds like and accel/decel % issue to me. I've been playing with these areas lately. Right now anything of 75% throttle and the fire goes out and the car jerks wildly. I als ohad too aggressive of a deccel rate before and that causes a wird bucking with light throttle and lift off.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search