fuel injectors - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
fuel injectors
Friday, June 16, 2006 4:42 PM
hey . right now i have a j tuners turbo kit with 310 cc injectors... i plan to upgrade later on . will the hptuners program conttrol all size injectors ? right now i am only running 5 psi and making maybe 170 hp .... i just want to know if the program can tune them down to run suffeciantly on 5 psi for now . i want to make around 250 when dall said and done

Re: fuel injectors
Friday, June 16, 2006 9:19 PM
to HPT, an injector is an injector...... You tell it how big they are, it tells the computer.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Saturday, June 17, 2006 3:35 AM
you should get bosch/ford green top 440cc's... good for around 13-15 psi, which is good for around 250 depending on your setup and your tune. Those are the injectors im running and hpt handles em just fine, the computer/hptuners does not care what size injectors, you just need to fill in the variables in the hptuners software so that it can compensate/take away anything it needs to, to make the car run normally with the aftermarket injector size

|Forged 8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons|Forged Eagle Rods|HPTuners|60trim|Tial Wastegate|
|Precision Intercooler|2.5" Exhaust|2.5" Charge Pipes|630CC Mototron Injectors|
|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Sunday, June 18, 2006 11:14 AM
ok that sounds good . ..... does the hptuners prgram do anything with the o2 sensor? the one off the header? and i know this may sound stupid but is there and pre setups i can download on to the hptuners?
Monday, June 19, 2006 8:08 AM
there are file repositories for hpt files.... there is a thread here with a link to one so that you can download them... i checked it out once, there are not many yet as this is new for j-bodies... about a month or 2 old now.

your stock o2 sensor is not good for fine tunning, all it knows is when its at 14.7, above 14.7, and below 14.7 . . . . if you are going to tune and want to know your a/f's then you should get a wideband a.f guage. I have the AEM UEGO Wideband Controller, im sure there are others that are better

|Forged 8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons|Forged Eagle Rods|HPTuners|60trim|Tial Wastegate|
|Precision Intercooler|2.5" Exhaust|2.5" Charge Pipes|630CC Mototron Injectors|
|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search