getting the most out of injectors - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
getting the most out of injectors
Monday, June 19, 2006 11:53 AM
I was wondering something. when I want to richen up my car I increase the PW to my injectors. but what if I were to utilizes a rising rate fmu. would I be able to squeez more fuel out of the injectors?

not only are they open longer but theres more pressure behind them

"boobs now with Riboflabin"

Re: getting the most out of injectors
Monday, June 19, 2006 12:43 PM
Sometimes, raising the FP is preferred to increasing pulsewidth since there are a number of advantages:

- More pressure atomizes the fuel better
- The longer the injector stays open, the hotter it gets, this can cause injector failure over time.

There are a couple disadvantages as well

- Pulsewidth is more accurate when trying to deliver specific amounts of fuel
- Too much fuel pressure can cause the injector to "clip" or stick closed.

A combination, as you are wanting to do, would be a better way of going about it, instead of picking one or the other.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 12:05 PM
yeah this is what I imagined, I think what im getting at is, is it possiable to to get more out down the road?

I am tuning with MS right now, and I will be increasing power steps at a time, eventually my injectors are going to max out, in PW will I be able to up the pressure and get a bit more out of them. I feel like Im missig something here.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 8:28 PM
Are you using the stock fuel pressure regulator?
Anyone know if that will be a 1:1 rate above 0 psi?

i.e. for 10 psi of boost the FPR sees, does the fuel pressure go up 10 psi?

I have the aeromotive adjustable fuel pressure regulator, and I know that's how the one i have works, but i'm not sure about GM's stock unit.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 12:05 PM
it shouldnt. it shoulnd go any higer then at atmo

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 1:47 PM
Jcavi wrote:yeah this is what I imagined, I think what im getting at is, is it possiable to to get more out down the road?

I am tuning with MS right now, and I will be increasing power steps at a time, eventually my injectors are going to max out, in PW will I be able to up the pressure and get a bit more out of them. I feel like Im missig something here.

If you raise your static fuel presure or use a fmu to raise it with boost you will get more out of your injectors. Not alot but enough to make a differece. It is not a linear increase so doubling the presure would not give you double the fuel. I don't know the actual increase off the top of my head. You can try this link to play around with different values

http://www.rceng.com/technical.htm
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search