How TO GM REFLASH - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
How TO GM REFLASH
Wednesday, March 29, 2006 9:33 AM
k well i kind of need a step by step instruction so i can tell thet GM TECH what to do....there not so smart round here...haha but ugh

im just wondering if anyone knows wahts all involved with this and how i would go about getting it....

I give them the part # for the REFLASH and then im not sure what else is involved im jsut wondering if anyone knows so i can make a step by step guide for teh TECH....

Thanx Charles

Re: How TO GM REFLASH
Wednesday, March 29, 2006 11:10 AM
You give them the number and they then call up the GM tech line to find out what the proper calibration is for your particular car.

Different cars use different calibrations. Yours might use the 2000 with A/C and auto tranny calibration while someone else will use the 2001 with no cruise control and manual tranny calibration, etc.

So they call up the tech line with your VIN and the part number from the s/c kit and get the proper calibration for your car and then use the Tech II to load it up.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 11:52 AM
so what is the # they call?

i dont mean to be a pain....

so let me get this striaght....

I take my car tell them to reflash it

Call the TECH LINE they give tehm the calabration #

they hook up the tech 2 and reflash it

then im done and outta there good as can be....

Thanx Charles
Wednesday, March 29, 2006 3:20 PM
that is basically it. they take your VIN so they know exactly what vehicle they are dealing with, get the # of the calibration required for you car then load it into your ECM via your service port and you drive away a little poorer!!

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 3:21 PM
THEY CALL TECHLINE........TCSC @ 1 800 828 6860........FOLLOW THE AUTOMATED PHONE STUFF, INSERT DEALER CODE, VERFIY YADDA YADDA.......TELL THE WHAT YOU ARE DOIN........GIVE THEM THE VIN. 15 MINS OF WAITING ON THE PHONE ON HOLD. GIVE YOU INSTRUCTIONS. GO TO THE COMPUTER FIND THE REFLASH IN THE PROGRAM.....DOWNLOAD TO TECH 2.........DOWNLOAD TO VEHICLE.....CHECK OUT......AND IF THEY ARE "not so smart round here...haha but ugh" YOUR GONNA BE LOOKIN @ A 1 HOUR CHARGE.....UNLESS YOU BOUGHT THE KTI THERE.....IF NTO WELL THERE IS NOTHIGN YOU CAN DO SHORT OF GOIN TO ANOTHER DEALER

*************Yea i spell liek wrong get over it*****************
** If i write in caps its cause im @ work and i can only write in caps cause the keyboard is a retarded CAPS only keyboard.**
Wednesday, March 29, 2006 3:23 PM
If the dealer doesn't know how to flash your ecu, then you might want to think about bringing it somewhere else...

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 7:16 PM
lol.
i had the same problem b/c my o1 motor is in a 95 chassis. I provided the 01 vin code that the motor came out of, and he told gm what i had done and they said they could'nt do the reflash b/c of emissions. So he let me try, i used his name, employee # and said that there was a mistake and he bought a new 01 from us aswell (i'm pretending to be the tech). The guy on the other end said there would be a investigation opened up on this ( i didnt care) but gave me the #s and uploaded them to the dealerships cpu

Works like a charm

Nate

Evolution of Cavyboy-->C22t--> C24na--->c24s/c
1995 Cavalier W/2k1 Engine
GM S/C 13.940@99.78pmh w/2.068 60ft
Wednesday, March 29, 2006 9:04 PM
Is this the Eco reflash???
I might try it here locally, guys are inclined.
What is the number I have to give them??

Best time:"""11.946""" @ 114.73 mph @17psi 1.83--60"
11 second daily driver!!!!
Race Related 727-561-9440
Shop of choice for your 11 second J body!

Also, built bottom end and or top end LSJ and L61's available.
13's ----12's ----11's ----10's

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 9:15 PM
Shifted wrote:If the dealer doesn't know how to flash your ecu, then you might want to think about bringing it somewhere else...

im with him id run like the wind

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 10:21 PM
oh they know waht there doing they jsut dont really give me a change cuz im young....they dont really litsen to me im only 17.....but yea thank you for the info on how to get it.....and hopefully it will be outta there before and hr charge....haha thanx guys

Thanx Charles
Thursday, March 30, 2006 10:28 AM
Quote:

there not so smart round here
Sorry, I just found this funny.

Matt S.

Thursday, March 30, 2006 11:53 AM
haha well im in So.Dak i was down in florida during the daytona bike week and i was eating at teh outback in Orlando and the wiater came and asked where we were from and we said South Dakota.....and then my cell phone rang and shes like wahts that......i was just like wow.....and pulled out my cell phone she was in aww....didnt think we had cellphones and everything up here.....hahahaha so ya not so smart round here its all about V8's hahaha

Thanx Charles
Thursday, March 30, 2006 12:07 PM
i got a flashed ECM from another JBO member when i did mine. good thing cause i'm in Nate's boat having 00+ wiring and guts in a pre-00 chassis.

Thursday, March 30, 2006 12:37 PM
Charles (the haha one) wrote:haha well im in So.Dak i was down in florida during the daytona bike week and i was eating at teh outback in Orlando and the wiater came and asked where we were from and we said South Dakota.....and then my cell phone rang and shes like wahts that......i was just like wow.....and pulled out my cell phone she was in aww....didnt think we had cellphones and everything up here.....hahahaha so ya not so smart round here its all about V8's hahaha

my head hurts

"Growing old is mandatory. Growing up? Definitely optional."
Thursday, March 30, 2006 3:44 PM
haha well I'm sorry about the no puncuation. Does this help your head at all? I was typing fast and I tend to not hit the period and other keys, when I am in a hurry. Anyways I found out that we have a Tech 2 supposedly at our tech school....I am going to see if it is true. Does anyone know how I would be able to get the code my self being that I am not a dealer????

Thanx Charles
Friday, March 31, 2006 12:32 AM
Cant.... the reflash is on the GM Dealer Network..... you need to hook the Tech II to the computer, run their program, enter the required info, down load the program into the Tech II..... then plug the Tech II into your car, and upload the program in......

Cant do it with out access to the GM Network.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 6:26 AM
how much is a gm reflash?

and its prob been answered but can i do the reflash if im going the turbo route and not the sc route?

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 2:25 PM
the flash is generally 1hr labour cost and yes it can be done for turbo application. it flashes the ECM so it will read a 2bar map sensor and work with larger injectors.

Thursday, April 06, 2006 8:50 AM
I called 5 GM dealers in the Montreal region and no one know what i'm talking about. I explain them that the s/c reflash prog. is on the GM network and that they have to download it to the Tech-2.

Only one Dealer wanted to help me and told me he don't know this reflash but can try to call the GM tech line. He also said that he's gonna charge me for the time the tech is on the phone and doing the reflash.

Will it take more than an hour for the tech to call and reflash my ECU or should I just search another GM dealer who knows how to reflash???

The problem is that I will install my turbo setup by myself and then go to the GM dealer to reflash so it has to be near my city.

If I can get the GM part # for the 00-02 s/c reflash, manual trans. maybe it will help out a bit.

Anybody know this reflash # ?

Thanks!
Thursday, April 06, 2006 11:49 AM
i'd keep calling GM dealerships till you got one that was on the ball. it can't be that difficult for them. and tel them that billing you for a phone call is very bad customer service and that they as GM tech's should already know what your talking about. i believe the flash actually goes by a part # so maybe we can find you that and you can phone in with the part #.

Thursday, April 06, 2006 12:14 PM
As mentioned above, they need the part number when they call the tech line.

Let me just chime in and say that this is why if you want to build up a car, it pays to develop a good relationship with a reputable dealership.

My dealer was more than happy to look into it and then do it for me. The tech's are generally happy to work on my car and usually interested in what's been done to it since my last visit.

When I needed the reflash done, the service rep supervisor actually talked it over with me and I believe he called the tech line himself to determine what needed to be done. He got the VCI number in advance and had everything ready for when I actually brought the car in.

Thursday, April 06, 2006 1:25 PM
I found those GM part numbers....

Can someone confirm if those are the good one?

Supercharger Kit PN 12498660

Calibration PN’s

J manual transmission 88960494
J auto transmission 88960494
N manual transmission 88961331
N auto transmission 88961332

J- Chevrolet Cavalier and Pontiac Sunfire
N- Pontiac Grand Am
Friday, April 14, 2006 7:13 AM
Can someone at least tell me if the s/c reflash is the same for an auto or manual trans. like the numbers in the last post.
Tuesday, June 06, 2006 4:07 PM
yes i would like to know as well are the #'s the same for auto an manual or was this a typo
an is this all the dealer needs to do this an this is for the 2.4?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search