Worth Tuning A Stock Eco? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Worth Tuning A Stock Eco?
Monday, June 26, 2006 8:11 PM
All i have done is some minor exhaust work, intake, and thats about it performance wise. Would it be worth it for me to get Hp Tuners? Will i gain anything on a stock N/A eco? I know what Hp tuners can do but dont know what it would do for me being mostly stock.

Re: Worth Tuning A Stock Eco?
Monday, June 26, 2006 8:27 PM
Send me 50 dollars for a few dyno runs and Ill tell you.

15.149 @ 91.26mph 3-18-2006
Monday, June 26, 2006 8:35 PM
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=64&i=4817&t=4817
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=64&i=494&t=494

no one has dyno tuned a stock ecotec as far as i have read thus far

|Forged 8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons|Forged Eagle Rods|HPTuners|60trim|Tial Wastegate|
|Precision Intercooler|2.5" Exhaust|2.5" Charge Pipes|630CC Mototron Injectors|
|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Monday, June 26, 2006 8:56 PM
Yeah i read both of those, its mentioned but not any results. Id like to see if its worth my time and money though.

Monday, June 26, 2006 10:27 PM
Me too I just dont feel like shelling out the extra cash right now to get dynotime. Ill have free access to a dyno and possibly a guy who is experienced tuning LS1s with HPtuners a couple weeks into July. So should probabally know something by then and Ill post pulls along with data logs if possible.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 2:52 PM
Well my plan is to get 3 free dyno pulls, tune it while its on there, log it and then go from there. plus one of my friends works for hp tuners as one of the creators lol so he can help me out with tuning it as well. But i dont know how much of a gain to expect.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 4:00 PM
Your not going to be able to tune much with 3 pulls, your best bet is to come up with 3 different tunes beforehand and test them with your 3 pulls to see which one does the best. Thats assuming you have a wideband.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 7:00 PM
Well i plan to get 3 setups from my friend at Hp Tuners. To see what he has that will work for my car. Then go from there.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 7:05 AM
wide band?? care to explain?? thanks

OEM CAMBER/CASTER KIT 10 People for $210 <P>
GOT ECOTEC?
Wednesday, June 28, 2006 8:37 AM
Dave (2 UNIQ) wrote:wide band?? care to explain?? thanks

wide band O2 sensors use 0-5V instead of a narrowband (conventional) air/fuel gauges 0-1V

in other words dave, a wide band is much more specific and accurate as to what your air fuel ratio is.

Rich on a narrowband, may be lean as hell on a wideband. The crossover point for a narrowband is very small so you're either way lean, or way rich.

A wideband is much more sensitive, and gives you the ability to log data, and a number for your air/fuel ratio which you can tune by. an example would be

10:1 air/fuel is extremely rich
14.7:1 is stoichiometric (parts in are equal to parts out)
17:1 would be very lean

HPT with advance I/O (the more expensive one) can log 4 different 0-5V gauges... so your wideband is compatible with HPT, and HPT can use it to tune your car as long as the gauge has a 0-5V output (most widebands do)

and tuning a stock eco will yield impressive results. I have very little done, and my car has had pretty substantial gains (going by the dreaded butt dyno) expect some track times out of me shortly.

Wideband kits start around $400, and include the gauge, wiring, wideband O2 sensor, a controller, and a computer program to run on a laptop.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 9:45 AM
I dont have HP tuners yet but is there a way for you to send me the log file that you found the most improvement on?

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 3:27 PM
still workin on improvements about to go for a session right now actually...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search