switching ecus.. stock ones - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
switching ecus.. stock ones
Tuesday, July 04, 2006 7:22 PM
ill make it quick, can i put an 03-04 stock ecu in my 04, or will it encounter theft lock problems and whatnot like trying to switch gauge clusters?

and is it just as simple as unplugging the one in there now and plugging the new one in? or is there certain things that have to be done like the left lock situation?

Re: switching ecus.. stock ones
Tuesday, July 04, 2006 9:09 PM
You will have theftlock issues. I'm not sure what the reprogramming process is for the 2k+ though

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 9:30 PM
i Switched ECU once and all i had to do let the ECU relearn the passlock code or whatever they call it... And This was a 02 ecu into a 04...

2004 Turbo cavalier 11PSI and blown!
Tuesday, July 04, 2006 11:57 PM
explain^^^^

shifted, whats the reprogram process for pre 00?

Wednesday, July 05, 2006 12:06 AM
can't you take it to a dealer and have it flashed back to your stock image?

Sven you totally quarterloafed your computer..
Wednesday, July 05, 2006 12:18 AM
yeah but i didnt really want to waste a GM reflash.. i planned on trying to trade it to someone who wanted it for a stock ecu.
plus i need it flashed to an 03 anyway. 04s try to keep a 14.7 a/f

Wednesday, July 05, 2006 1:26 AM
from the FAQ of the org

FAQ wrote:00-05 J-car

1. Turn ON the igniton, with the engine OFF.

2. Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON (vehicle will not start).

3. Observe the SECURITY telltale, it will be flashing. After approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.

4. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.

5. Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes. The vehicle is now ready to relearn the PASSlock Sensor Data Code and/or passwords, on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK.

IMPORTANT: The vehicle learns the PASSlock Sensor Data Code and/or password on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You MUST turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

6. Start the engine. The vehicle has now learned the PASSlock Sensor Data Code and/or password.

It's easy. I've done it twice.

-Seth

Wednesday, July 05, 2006 1:53 AM
Well that answers my questions John , now let me know what you want for the Eco Reflash setup and well get this thing going.......

Wednesday, July 05, 2006 6:03 AM
wizkiddrummer thank you for posting that, i was gonna do it...

2004 Turbo cavalier 11PSI and blown!
Wednesday, July 05, 2006 6:38 PM
how would i go about gettin the stock ecu flashed to another year. like an 03?

btw james, what year is yours??

Thursday, July 06, 2006 3:21 AM
Mine is an 03 John

Thursday, July 06, 2006 3:22 AM
Dang hit button too quick, if your looking for the 03 ecu then tradin for mine would be easy for you.... no stock reflash, mine is stock 03 ecu all the way!

Thursday, July 06, 2006 11:48 AM
John H [Cavalierkid wrote:]how would i go about gettin the stock ecu flashed to another year. like an 03?

btw james, what year is yours??

go to a yard, scout out an 04 and write down the VIN

but even though 04's do try harder to get 14.7 HPT should be able to fix that. I'd actually keep your ecu just the way it is though. get a spare and tinker with that. just in case you fubar anything you still have yours.

Sven you totally quarterloafed your computer..
Thursday, July 06, 2006 1:18 PM
Quote:

Dang hit button too quick, if your looking for the 03 ecu then tradin for mine would be easy for you.... no stock reflash, mine is stock 03 ecu all the way!

definately considering it. im waiting to hear back from hahn on a few last things. should know by later today or tomarrow.

Quote:

go to a yard, scout out an 04 and write down the VIN

but even though 04's do try harder to get 14.7 HPT should be able to fix that. I'd actually keep your ecu just the way it is though. get a spare and tinker with that. just in case you fubar anything you still have yours.

mine is a 04. i can just use my vin.. but i dont want that ecu due to the portfueler.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search