Boost & Air/Fuel Gauge?? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Boost & Air/Fuel Gauge??
Wednesday, July 05, 2006 9:49 PM
Alright I recently installed my T3 super 60 on my 2.4L. I was wondering if I were to run my air/fuel gauge I had laying around if it would be able to tell me if my car was lean or rich under boost or if it would just read the sensor current as it would stock? I know I need to get wideband or something along those lines but I figured I had the gauge so I was just wondering if I would be able to use it for something atleast. Thanks in advance and sorry if it sounds like a dumb question I was just curious because I know it runs off the voltage sent to it and how its supposed to operate but I was wondering if it would read it under boost and be able to tell me if I was running lean or rich.

~Boost. Its what's for dinner!~

Re: Boost & Air/Fuel Gauge??
Wednesday, July 05, 2006 10:32 PM
Well...

Let me give you an example...

In this pic below, look where the cursor line is....

Pay attention to O2 B1S1 (mV) and WB AEM (afr)

The mV is 842 at 14.84:1...

NOW, look at this pic:

The mV is 213 at 14.96:1...

So it switched from rich to lean on the O2 sensor for .12:1 AFR...

Make your own decision from there...

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, July 05, 2006 10:44 PM
wideband is the only way to fly

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Sunday, July 09, 2006 5:20 AM
A/F gauge for the most part will give you a ball park idea of whats going on but is by no means acurate. If under full boost you have the gauge pegged full lean in the red, you might be having a full roblem. Don't take the readings as acurate, just a general idea

Sunday, July 09, 2006 5:33 PM
Ya and thats about all I was looking for was a general like if it was peaking lean at like half of the psi I was running then that would be something I might need to know about you know....lol...so maybe I will just give it a try for sh**s and giggles to atleast see what it shows. Thanks guys!

~Boost. Its what's for dinner!~

Sunday, July 09, 2006 7:47 PM
when it dought its some sweet entertainment for long ass trips, somethign to help keep you awake watching the the little @!#$in light bounce around

Sunday, July 09, 2006 9:41 PM
GM narrowband sensors are really accurate, between 14.2 - 14.8, after that its a no go.

I droped my idle AFR to 13.5 to see if the car would respond well, the wide band showed the car between 11.1-12.2 and the narrowband showed 13.5, or at least it hopped between 0 - 1 volt, meaning the car was trying to figure stuff out.

I'm looking at the LC-1, if i'm not mistaken this unit has a NB simulator output for the pcm where it sends an accurate signal to the pcm. I'm actually thinking of just integrating WB into my setup, so the pcm has the ability to determine WTF is really going on.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search