HPTuners and Emissions - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HPTuners and Emissions
Monday, July 10, 2006 1:09 PM
My question is in regards to the EVAP system. Can this be disabled with HP? I have seen were it is becoming common for people to get the evap leak code (I'm having this myself, but have not figured it out yet). Can this code be deleted?

FU Tuning

Re: HPTuners and Emissions
Monday, July 10, 2006 1:38 PM
Yeah, the code can be deleted, I'm not sure that the EVAP system is part of the OBD tests. If you have the code, make sure to look at the wiring harness back by the fuel tank, many J's have that harness corroded and break, thats what happened to mine. Got a new harness from GM for like $20, replaced it, never saw the code since.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Monday, July 10, 2006 1:52 PM
yup evap is part of the obd2 test that they look for at emissions time

Monday, July 10, 2006 2:47 PM
Shifted wrote:Yeah, the code can be deleted, I'm not sure that the EVAP system is part of the OBD tests. If you have the code, make sure to look at the wiring harness back by the fuel tank, many J's have that harness corroded and break, thats what happened to mine. Got a new harness from GM for like $20, replaced it, never saw the code since.

I think my issue is I recently had to replace my fuel pump, and it started after that. Probably something loose. Wiring looked good when the tank was done. I just have not taking the time to get under the car and look. I also was wanting to know because I plan to convert the Reaper to a 97 ECU and I have a extra 2000+ tank I want ot put in it, and do not want to worry about the evap system, so being able to delete it would be nice. I also do not have to deal with emissions either so no worry there. I just do not want a CEL.

FU Tuning

Monday, July 10, 2006 7:02 PM
check the seal for the pump module to the tank , its common for the 00-05 not to sit right and roll over and suck inside the tank and leak

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 5:38 AM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]check the seal for the pump module to the tank , its common for the 00-05 not to sit right and roll over and suck inside the tank and leak

Thanks. Also seen in maintance forum about the little black box that connects to the evap canister as well. I get the code for small leak. I might replace my gas cap as well, but I do not think it is that.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 8:59 AM
i was going with the fact you said you had the problem just after changing the fuel pump , kinda made sense to atleast check it

i was working at chevy during 00-01 and had to replace that dam pump seal alot for leaks

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 10:44 AM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]i was going with the fact you said you had the problem just after changing the fuel pump , kinda made sense to atleast check it

i was working at chevy during 00-01 and had to replace that dam pump seal alot for leaks

No that is a good point and I will check that. I was thinking something back there did not connect or seal correctly. It started the week after. Seems to come on when under a half a tank.

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search