Mega Squirt - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Mega Squirt
Tuesday, July 11, 2006 4:43 AM
Has anyone used the Mega Squirt 2 (v3). I need some help with my setup.

Re: Mega Squirt
Tuesday, July 11, 2006 9:16 AM
Don't know if anyone is using v3 but a couple of us are running the MegaSquirtnSpark-Extra code so might be able to help. What the problem?
Tuesday, July 11, 2006 7:53 PM
I hook up my wires to the new harness, and went to power up the unit for programing and nothing happened. I moved the power wire around and the unit lights would flicker. I grounded the unit to the bolt holding one side of the steering column up. Plus how did you run your wires for the IC module. I want to make sure the that is wired up. I am using a ld9 engine, oh and how did you run your injector wires as in which bank 1&4, 2&3 or 1&2, 3&4.
Tuesday, July 11, 2006 8:23 PM
This may be a little obvious, but did you remeber to switch the boot jumper to allow programming? I used to do that all the time with the non-extra code on the MS1. I think the MS2 processor needs to be jumpered.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 6:47 PM
I tried a new ground today. I placed on my engine block and still no power. This is driving me nuts. I cant drive the vehicle now. Any help would be greatly apprciated.
Wednesday, July 12, 2006 10:42 PM
injectors should be 1/3 and 2/4

Recheck all of your connections. Make sure everything is soldered and not using crimp connectors or the splice connectors. I had alot of problems with those. Have you tried powering it straight off the battery? How do you know there is no power? I don't know about v3 but v2.2 hardware doesn't light up with power, the one led flashes once and thats it. Only way to know if it has power is that mega tune connects to it.
Thursday, July 13, 2006 4:33 AM
The lights will flicker when the power wire is moved around. And I tried to connect to the module with Mega Tune. When you set up your Ignition module, which wires did you use?
Thursday, July 13, 2006 10:53 PM
do you have the stimulator? do you know for sure its your wiring and not the board.
if it is your wiring
best bet is to take a multimeter and find out where you have power, where your supposed to have power and go from there

Friday, July 14, 2006 4:26 AM
I have power to the unit and a good ground. I emailed DYI autotune and he said I could have corrupted the code and that it is why it is not comm.
Friday, July 14, 2006 9:17 AM
reload the code then

Friday, July 14, 2006 10:41 AM
Volumeking333(Ryan) wrote:reload the code then

what he said

"boobs now with Riboflabin"

Sunday, July 23, 2006 7:08 PM
My next big question is on the tunning. I am using a GM sc with p&p head, bigger cams, bigger tb, more boost and so on. What have you guys run with a boosted motor on Mega squirt. I know each engin is diff, but I need a basis. And what wires did any of you connect to for your ignition system for spark and timing control. I am using an MS 2 but the harness is the same.
Monday, July 24, 2006 4:39 AM
Also on the MS-2 where did anyone set there rev limit to on a stock 2.4 bottom end?
Wednesday, July 26, 2006 4:35 AM
I know there are more of you out there that is using MS system. I am getting ready to redo my bootlog so I can start tunning this thing.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search