Who wants to make some cash? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Who wants to make some cash?
Thursday, July 13, 2006 10:00 PM
I have a 97 2.4 and I would like someone who has HP Tuner to reflash some of the basic functions of my car. I'd be willing to pay for your time/skill.

So far I've replaced almost every sensor (stock replacements), here's the list of new parts:
IAC
MAP
TPS
O2 (upstream)
FPR
EGR
both coils
iggy module
iggy cover
spark plug boots
relocated oil seporater hose to air filter box
(keeps air ducts cleaner)

Later this month I'm adding a header, cat and new exhaust pipe. Other than that, the engine is stock, 80,000 miles. I'm not adding any other motor mods.

I'm looking to change idle speed, fan on temp, PE rpm, idle fuel mix, some other basic functions, just a general "kick in the pants". I'm not adding NOS or a turbo, I just want a better running car.

If you're in the Cleveland, Ohio area and have credits left on your HP Tuner, post here that you're interested or email me at wilken@wowway.com

Thanks,
John

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto

Re: Who wants to make some cash?
Friday, July 14, 2006 9:05 PM
I'm not in Ohio i'm in NY about 4 hours or so away but i've tuned 3 cars with HPTuners now and i'm on the 4th as we speak. I've been tuning for years and now have a firm grasp of HPT. Sorry i'm not closer or I'd def do it.

"Horsepower is the Ultimate Accessory"
Saturday, July 15, 2006 12:41 PM
jimmyc99z24 wrote:I'm not in Ohio i'm in NY about 4 hours or so away but i've tuned 3 cars with HPTuners now and i'm on the 4th as we speak. I've been tuning for years and now have a firm grasp of HPT. Sorry i'm not closer or I'd def do it.

Thanks anyway. I'm not afraid of tinkering with the settings myself, but I'm a mac user, so I'd have to pick up a laptop in addition to the 500 for hp tuners. That's going to be a tough sell to the wife, which is why I'd rather pay someone to get 'r done.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Saturday, July 15, 2006 2:11 PM
I'm near Pittsburgh and i have the HpTuners....hit me with a PM or on AOL

Saturday, July 15, 2006 3:36 PM
if u had an intel mac you could bootcamp and load windows

Saturday, July 15, 2006 8:44 PM
Machzel08 wrote:if u had an intel mac you could bootcamp and load windows

Would be nice, but I have an old mac. When it boots, my little Mac has an amish beard, and it reads "Ye Olde Mac". I don't crash, I run out of steam and have to open the side door, reload some coal and wait for the fire to get hot enough again. "Rebooting" is sometimes longer than a sitcom...

Yea, I need a new computer!

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Monday, July 24, 2006 4:57 PM
I'm not trying to Jack the thread or anything, but i'm also willing to pay for time/skill also, for someone using HPT in or around alabama to tune my S/C'd 2.4l

email me at pfc_mooney@yahoo.com if interested

NEW SIG COMING SOON FOR 07'!!!
Monday, July 24, 2006 9:29 PM
OK, Update...

The wife has reluctlantly agreed that I need a new computer and hptuner software.

It's amazing what taking her for a ride and seeing first hand exactly what's wrong...

Thread is dead.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Friday, July 28, 2006 12:25 AM
excuse my ignorance, but what the hell is hptuners? And how do you simply change setting with a regular computor, if thats what you guy's are sayin.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2366291
Friday, July 28, 2006 1:03 AM
Nex level pres. wrote:excuse my ignorance, but what the hell is hptuners? And how do you simply change setting with a regular computor, if thats what you guy's are sayin.

two words...... SEARCH and READ.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search