Support for 3 speed - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Support for 3 speed
Thursday, July 13, 2006 3:37 PM
Well i am in the process of selecting the tuning set up that I want. The whole HP tuners thing sounds amazing and so simple that I almost clicked to buy it a couple days ago. But after hearing about it not supporting boost I dont know if I want it.

Also knowing that the 3 speed tranny that I have is a largely mechanically controlled tranny, is HP tuners going to allow me to modify any of the trans parimeters? For my setup it almost sounds like megasquirt would be a much better choice. Although I would like many of the HP tuners features and the plug and play thing. I am just so lost. It just sucks that both have huge downfalls. If only there was a perfect system.

Re: Support for 3 speed
Thursday, July 13, 2006 3:47 PM
There are no trans parameters to modify, its a hydraulic tranny. Megasquirt or not, there's nothing you can really do software or hardware based to that tranny.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, July 13, 2006 3:53 PM
Thats exactly what I was saying. I guess I wasnt very clear on that. I was just saying that transmission "modification" is a big plus for the hp tuners software. So it would almost take away some of its value for me as a 3 speed owner. Plus the fact that MS supports boost.

One other question that I have about MS is how it supports boost. Would I actually have to put on a 2 or 3 bar sensor for it to do so?

Right now it just seems like the HP tuners would do nothing more for me than MS. If I am wrong I would like to know because I would like to support a company that went through a lot of R&D just for us j-body owners. But if it isnt going to benefit me I dont have a purpose to spend the extra 400 bucks.
Thursday, July 13, 2006 7:33 PM
There is hardware for the TH125C/3T40, see this post from the Transmission Forum. It lists torque conveters, gears available, info on shift kits and rebult kits. The only thing the PCM does is allow TC Clutch lock-up and let you know when theres an error in the TCC system.

Shifted has posted much more, concerning boosting, using the HPT.

Thursday, July 13, 2006 10:55 PM
when you by MS it has a 2.5 bar (22psi) map sensor on the board itself. so you wont need to install one

Friday, July 14, 2006 1:42 PM
MadJack wrote:There is hardware for the TH125C/3T40, see this post from the Transmission Forum. It lists torque conveters, gears available, info on shift kits and rebult kits. The only thing the PCM does is allow TC Clutch lock-up and let you know when theres an error in the TCC system.

Shifted has posted much more, concerning boosting, using the HPT.

I understand that there is things I can do to this tranny. I have already read that post about 4 times. I am just trying to decide whether HP tuners is worth more to me than Mega squirt. I dont know if I can justify spending 300 more just to change my rev limit and speed limiter. And also to get ride of codes.

I am just gridlocked at this part of my turbo setup. I dont know which tuning software I should be spending my money on. There is to many good things about each of these softwares that I dont know which way to swing.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search