Anybody Heard Of Them? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Anybody Heard Of Them?
Friday, July 14, 2006 8:30 PM
Hey guys I was sent this website link http://www.westerscustomtuning.com/19.php from a friend and was wondering if anybody had heard of them or possibly have used them? Just trying to give some input to the tuning end here. Thanks!

~Boost. Its what's for dinner!~

Re: Anybody Heard Of Them?
Friday, July 14, 2006 8:37 PM
Wow, they charge a LOT more than what I do. I have a feeling they are using a combination of tools, like HPT and others.

$500 for a tune sounds a bit overboard, you can buy HPT for that and do yourself. I charge $150 per PCM.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Friday, July 14, 2006 8:39 PM
Ya I thought the price was a little steep. What all do you change on the PCM?

~Boost. Its what's for dinner!~

Friday, July 14, 2006 8:51 PM
Just about anything you want that HPT can change.

Saturday, July 15, 2006 9:57 PM
AFAIK, Lyndon (Wester) is still developing calibrations on his dyno. He and I have had many conversations through email over the years. He's an upstanding guy and cares about doing a good job. He gave up a superchips dealership several years ago when he determined they were not all they promised. He's been tuning for years and has a good following on some other boards. He worked very hard to get info and tools to tune vehicles which no one had tuning tools for, even going as far as hiring someone to work out code and PCM functions in the early days of OBDII stuff.

What he is not is someone who has spent money on tuning tools and started calling himself a tuner. There is at least one company out there like that, and although they seem to have gotten better, it's been by trial and error on customer cars rather than actually understanding what they're doing.

If the price for Lyndon's tune is too high you might want to consider spending the $$ on hptuners and learning to tune your own. If you learn, you can make make more changes to the engine and only have to go back into HPT to make appropriate corrections.

-->Slow
Saturday, July 15, 2006 11:37 PM
Shifted wrote:Just about anything you want that HPT can change.

ron, do you do this locally or can you have PCM's sent to you and do it that way somehow?

Saturday, July 15, 2006 11:39 PM
I can do both, I have a tuning bench (almost) set up. I'm just waiting on a new power supply to come in.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search