Aem Ems - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Aem Ems
Friday, July 21, 2006 2:48 PM
Ok guys quick ? A company out of dallas,tx close to were i live said the can hook up either Aem Ems or Microtech to tune my 03 cavalier with my boost setup so which system should i go with. Also i just bought another 2.2 ecotec it came out of a 2005 malibu the block and head are the same right i know it is a stupid ? but i need to know before i send the block and head to be built for higher boost.

Re: Aem Ems
Friday, July 21, 2006 4:54 PM
unless your trying to run something insane like 15psi or more your wasting your money with that

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Re: Aem Ems
Sunday, July 23, 2006 8:20 PM
hello,

the above statements are true.... unless you are wanting to run some pretty sick power numbers from your eco then the aem is probably not your best choice. i just installed a AEM universal ems on my 96 cavalier, im pretty sure im the first to install an AEM on the 2.4 dont get me wrong, the AEM is an amazing system and in my opinion one of if not the best tuning software out on the market today. it is being used in racing by hundreds of teams more and more. my brother is a mechanical engineer for General Motors and has been working with some of gm's race vehicles that are equipped with the AEM ems. he basically does all of their tuning for their cars with this system. i decided to go with this system because he swears by it as being the best out there and most advanced and with the money i have in my cavalier with my new turbo upgrade i just didnt want to do it half assed. however i do know for a fact that if you install the aem on the eco you will have to get a cam sensor installed since they dont have one from the factory. my brother ran into troubles with an eco they were building because the AEM requires a cam and crank sensor to operate correctly. they did install one on their eco and its running beatifuly now. another option i would highly consider is HPtuners for you situation. they are much more affordable and will do basically all you will need to tune your engine for just about any boost level. i most likely would have went with HPtuners but i have a 96 and they only work on 97 and later. the AEM system is more suited for race applications since it offers a two step rev control, three step nitrous system, traction control, boost control, and many other critical components that are needed for racing situations, however it would still work wonderfully on the street. one thing to keep in mind is you will have to install a universal ems from AEM for you eco and they are new to the market and unless you buy through a dealer that is very well knowledged with the AEM system, you might run into some troubles. AEM is such a big company that it is hard to get direct customer support with tuning problems. good luck with your decision man, keep us updated....
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search