some help - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
some help
Tuesday, July 18, 2006 1:22 PM
well i read around on the hptuners forum saw how to do lots of stuff like make ur car idle better with big injectors, take off the speed limiter, basically everything shifted posted over there, but well im considering buying hptuners to tune my soon to be boosted 04 ecotec cavalier because i saw how easy it is to change the open loop from 6200 to a lower rpm and thus lettting the ecu change it back to a 14.7:1 afr even with an fmu that boosted cavalier and sunfire owners were having trouble with. its just that i know you use the ve tables to tune the a/f ratio i was just wondering if anyone had a small write up or could just kinda show me how to tune the a/f ratio so i could have a better idea by the time all the turbo parts go on my car, if any one could help me out on how to do this when i see this i dont really wanna use big injectors and a fmu to tune my car with, but i would like to have an idea of how to tune the car with hptuners since this is one of the important things when i get my car boosted, if anyone could help me out i would really appreciate it im new to all this tuning stuff and could really use some help thanks!

Re: some help
Wednesday, July 19, 2006 1:49 AM
i guess i wont be buying hptuners then thanks guys

Wednesday, July 19, 2006 7:55 AM
Capitalization, punctuation, spelling and formatting are your friends.

ur = your, this is not AOL. People here are very willing to assist you, they just have to be able to understand you.

Not to be hard on you, but fixed, somewhat:
Quote:

Well I read around on the hptuners forum saw how to do lots of stuff like make your car idle better with big injectors, take off the speed limiter, basically everything Shifted posted over there.

I’m considering buying hptuners to tune my soon to be boosted 04 Ecotec cavalier because I saw how easy it is to change the open loop from 6200 to a lower rpm and thus letting the ecu change it back to a 14.7:1 a/f ratio even with an fmu that boosted Cavalier and Sunfire owners were having trouble with.

I know you use the ve tables to tune the a/f ratio, but I was just wondering if anyone had a small write up or could just kinda show me how to tune the a/f ratio so I could have a better idea by the time all the turbo parts go on my car.

If any one could help me out on how to do this when I say this I don’t really want to use big injectors and a fmu to tune my car with, but I would like to have an idea of how to tune the car with hptuners since tuning is one of the important things when I get my car boosted.

If anyone could help me out, I would really appreciate it I’m new to all this tuning stuff and could really use some help thanks!

From that, it still looks like you need to do some more research. Tuning a turbo car that wasn't turbo to begin with is not an easy thing to do. Reading the HPTuners forums is definitely a good idea. Also reading the HPTuners Sticky at the top of this forum is good.

The search box is your friend on lots of other information. Look for a thread titled: "How to think like a tuner" (or similar - I forget exactly)

I personally plan on acquiring HPTuners instead of something like Megasquirt because of the ease of use. Megasquirt just has an intimidating install to me, and I'm no stranger to working on cars!

-------------------------------------------------
Sleeper style, they don't see it coming that way.
Wednesday, July 19, 2006 9:05 AM
I will make a write up on how to tune the VE using a wideband, but you have to be patient, I'm away on business.

And, if you make a post and nobody replies in 12 hours, and that makes you not want to buy it, then you probably don't have the patience to make yourself a usable tune.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, July 19, 2006 9:22 AM
Quote:

And, if you make a post and nobody replies in 12 hours, and that makes you not want to buy it, then you probably don't have the patience to make yourself a usable tune.

LOL!
And you know what the next question is likely to be... "will you do it for me?"

-->Slow
Wednesday, July 19, 2006 9:34 AM
cool thanks guys

Wednesday, July 19, 2006 9:46 AM
nice write up slowolej

Wednesday, July 19, 2006 10:30 AM
Shifted wrote:I will make a write up on how to tune the VE using a wideband, but you have to be patient, I'm away on business.

^^^ So true

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 10:50 AM
Its not that i dont have the patience or watever its just that all these people tune thier cars and im not asking for much just a brief description of wat to do. just start me off and ill figure it out i guess. but i want to be sure that i can do at least that before i go out and buy it and have a nice 650 dollar paper weight cuz i dont know who to use it. ive posted on the hptuners forum but no one really gave me wat i asked for i chekced some older threads but they didnt really give them wat they were asking for either. but i dunno maybe ill just buy it and just mess around with it regardless if i blow up my car, i mean you gotta learn some how right?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search