HP tuners with Eco supercharger - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HP tuners with Eco supercharger
Tuesday, July 25, 2006 6:06 PM
Can you use the HP tuners with a 2003 cavalier with the gm supercharger kit if you have not gotten the reflash, and what all do you need to get from hp tuners and gm for it to work thanks for the help.

Re: HP tuners with Eco supercharger
Tuesday, July 25, 2006 7:23 PM
You just need to get HP Tuners, nothing from GM.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 5:38 PM
Shifted did not mention this, but you can not use HPTuners to tune your ECU after the reflash. From what I have heard you can only read the information on the reflashed ECU.

GIT 'ER DONE!
Wednesday, July 26, 2006 6:16 PM
So I have a question, does someone have a tune file for the eco SC, becuase I want to buy one but I dont want to have to not drive it hard because I dont have the reflash. Just something to get me started ya know??

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 6:25 PM
No, because HPT cannot edit or read the eco reflash, so nobody has it.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 6:41 PM
well i am not getting the reflash but can i just tune the system with the hp tuners, and how do i go about doing that do i need a 2 bar setup or the so called fake 2 bar, also what about the control unit from hahn that clamps the stock map to run boost?
Thursday, July 27, 2006 3:10 PM
YES, you can tune the system. For your other question, search here and also HPTuners.

GIT 'ER DONE!
Thursday, July 27, 2006 3:26 PM
Some interesting info for you guys, I heard today from a GM tech that has done a reflash on a GMSC car, that when you call in to get the reflash, they change the VIN status, so as far as GM is concerned, that car is now SC'd. This means, that if you plan on having both a GMSC reflashed ecu, and another with your stock tune to play with via HPtuners, good idea to get the spare stocker reflashed 1st, or just get the GMSC reflash on your spare as the stock tune will no longer be available for that VIN. We're looking into ways around this, but that's what I learned today.

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?
Thursday, July 27, 2006 4:58 PM
wow that is some good info please keep us updated.
Saturday, July 29, 2006 11:57 AM
im not askign for the GM SC flash
what im looking for is some onews custom tune file so i can have an up and running boosted car

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search