VAT's disable??? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
VAT's disable???
Thursday, July 27, 2006 2:59 PM
Trying to swap my '96 PCM to a '97-'98. Repinned the harness but...

I went through the DTC's and made sure all the "theft" items were disabled but the car still won't start. Am I missing something?

"The FACTS are always subject to CHANGE once the TRUTH is applied"
"In the entire history of man the only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked"

Re: VAT's disable???
Thursday, July 27, 2006 3:07 PM
On the System page there is 2 options for VATS, set both to disabled.

Disabling the DTC's doesn't disable VATS... I'm also looking up the info for your emails right now.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, July 27, 2006 3:19 PM
Have you tried a Passlock re-learn? Flick the key to start, let the theft light flash for 10 minutes until it stays solid... then try starting it?

Even with it disabled... might do the trick after all.

Thursday, July 27, 2006 3:31 PM

Sorry , got in a hurry trying to get it going and forgot about doing it on this one. I had done it on the '00 but not on this one.

Anyhow , it's up and running with no EGR or any other codes. So now at least I can fake a 2bar tune until I figure out how to swap the '00 PCM and get it running...

Thanks a lot guy's.

"In the entire history of man the only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked"
Friday, July 28, 2006 1:14 AM
*woot*woot* for Gary

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Friday, July 28, 2006 4:41 AM
Still can't figure out what the Black mystery wire is for.

Friday, July 28, 2006 4:49 PM
LOL, i went throught the whole VATS system crap also, it sucks, but if you keep having trouble with it and it won't relearn itself, try your crank sensor, for some reason mine messed up on me twice, so i replaced the crank sensor and wala!

NEW SIG COMING SOON FOR 07'!!!
Friday, July 28, 2006 9:30 PM
good stuff.

Team GREEN

Saturday, July 29, 2006 10:48 AM
I just had to go do it on my Cousin's Z last night...... 2.5 years ago I did a 5 speed swap, and a dealership flashed his ECM with my VIN (for the 5 speed program). At that time I did the VATS relearn, and it ran fine..... for 2.5 years....... about 2 weeks ago it just wouldnt start. I went and looked at it, after putting a battery in it, it cranked, half started, stalled...... theft light flashed..... so I did the VATS relearn again. The first time, it stopped flashing and went out. I turned the key off, key back on and started it...... same thing. Waited another 10 mins for it to relearn. This time the light stayed on after it was done flashing....... instead of turning it off, I just cranked it...... it half started and stalled......

So thats how I left it for a week...... untill last night, when I pluged HPT into it, uploaded a flash with the VATS turned off (also set the fan temps a bit lower, and changed the Speed limiter to 90mph )..... started right up.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search