Im sure its been asked.... - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Im sure its been asked....
Saturday, July 29, 2006 11:42 AM
But I have the gmpp reflash on my ecotec, I have the gmpp supercharger kit on the car with the new map and everything (TMAP or MAP-T?) Anyways I know I can not use HPT with the reflash but I do however have an extra ecu! NOw for those who know when installing the GMPP supercharger for the ecotec you have to change the wiring for the MAPP and IAT sensors to become one. My question is can i leave the sensors in that configuration and run HPT or will I have to go back to an oem MAP and IAT?

Re: Im sure its been asked....
Saturday, July 29, 2006 11:47 AM
Yes you can.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Saturday, July 29, 2006 12:47 PM
what all is involved in making this configuration work?

Saturday, July 29, 2006 1:40 PM
Well you need to fake the 2 (2.5) bar tune in the hpt file before uploading it.

Saturday, July 29, 2006 5:36 PM
your talking to a tuning retard Shifted . Id like to give this a shot as I have a few fellas willing to let me use there HPT. So me having the ablititly to fake the MAP is gonna require me asking alot of questions.

Also that you for your help man Its much much needed.

Saturday, July 29, 2006 5:49 PM
Click the link under my sig and read up on how to fake the 2 bar tune. Its the same concept, except you would go up to 262 kpa instead of 210. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Saturday, July 29, 2006 10:45 PM
sweet man i found it, great work

Sunday, July 30, 2006 2:29 PM
Post up how this works out for you Phlatcav, I hoping to do the same soon. My wedding and potential out of sate move is postponing things for me a bit.

Check out my car....
http://members.cardomain.com/o4blackfire
Sunday, September 17, 2006 6:19 PM
I never got around to this but so has anyone else? I realy want to run some larger injectors but this damn gm reflash sucks so bad!!!

Sunday, September 17, 2006 8:21 PM
I thought you were running rich with your current ones, why go larger?

Sunday, September 17, 2006 8:38 PM
more room to grow

Monday, September 18, 2006 1:14 PM
shifted , has anyone tried having 2 pcm's with the same VIN # programed in , and 1 with the stock programing , and 1 with the s/c program

read everything from the stock pcm , then swap pcm's and see if it will read any info from the s/c program ?

i know it wont read straight from the s/c programed pcm , just a thought

Monday, September 18, 2006 1:53 PM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]shifted , has anyone tried having 2 pcm's with the same VIN # programed in , and 1 with the stock programing , and 1 with the s/c program

read everything from the stock pcm , then swap pcm's and see if it will read any info from the s/c program ?

IF you're going to try this, get the GMSC reflash on the spare ecm. I've heard that when the dealer calls GM to get the GMSC reflash for eco's, GM changes that vin in the system to that of a SC car, and the stock NA reflash is no longer available, without having it changed back via GM. PITA if it's true, so if it's something you're considering, save yourself some potential headaches. I'm still waiting to have this confirmed, but just a heads up on a potential issue.

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?
Tuesday, September 19, 2006 8:29 AM
very interesting gonna keep an eye on this...

14.425 @ 97.833 mph stock + GMPP s/c on drag radials.
Thursday, September 21, 2006 7:13 PM
so wait...

if i am planning on using hpt i shouldnt even bother switching to the TMAP and a reflash?

if this is true then the original plan is out the window...

time to go order some parts to go big or go home i guess

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, September 21, 2006 7:13 PM

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Friday, September 22, 2006 5:39 AM
if you reflash your eco then you will not be able to use hptuners, hptuners is not compatiable with any reflash other then 2k+ 2.4 ecu reflash

|Forged 8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons|Forged Eagle Rods|HPTuners|60trim|Tial Wastegate|
|Precision Intercooler|2.5" Exhaust|2.5" Charge Pipes|630CC Mototron Injectors|
|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Friday, September 22, 2006 6:17 AM
Acer wrote:if you reflash your eco then you will not be able to use hptuners, hptuners is not compatiable with any reflash other then 2k+ 2.4 ecu reflash

Could still get a spare ECU and swap them out, I'd say go for the flash, get a spare ECU, tune the spare, when you get a nice tune on it, use it, sell the stock one with the flash for extra $$$.

Friday, September 22, 2006 11:56 AM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]shifted , has anyone tried having 2 pcm's with the same VIN # programed in , and 1 with the stock programing , and 1 with the s/c program

Still waiting for the anwser about this.

Anyone?
Friday, September 22, 2006 12:11 PM
Evans 17 wrote:[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]shifted , has anyone tried having 2 pcm's with the same VIN # programed in , and 1 with the stock programing , and 1 with the s/c program

Anyone?

that won't work unless GM has been beyond sloppy with the programming of the reflash, and I can't see that happening, although ECUs are not my field of programming...

Friday, September 22, 2006 1:57 PM
Shifted wrote:
Acer wrote:if you reflash your eco then you will not be able to use hptuners, hptuners is not compatiable with any reflash other then 2k+ 2.4 ecu reflash

Could still get a spare ECU and swap them out, I'd say go for the flash, get a spare ECU, tune the spare, when you get a nice tune on it, use it, sell the stock one with the flash for extra $$$.

he has a ecotec, just like me... are you saying that we can get a s/c reflashed ecu to work on our cars? or are you saying that we can get a good tune with what is currently already available?

|Forged 8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons|Forged Eagle Rods|HPTuners|60trim|Tial Wastegate|
|Precision Intercooler|2.5" Exhaust|2.5" Charge Pipes|630CC Mototron Injectors|
|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Friday, September 22, 2006 3:15 PM
Acer wrote:
Shifted wrote:

he has a ecotec, just like me... are you saying that we can get a s/c reflashed ecu to work on our cars? or are you saying that we can get a good tune with what is currently already available?

I don't think you understand what shifted means... re-read his posts...

Friday, September 22, 2006 3:15 PM
Evans 17 wrote:[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]shifted , has anyone tried having 2 pcm's with the same VIN # programed in , and 1 with the stock programing , and 1 with the s/c program

Anyone?

Kinda, John Hawthorne is doing this right now, works just fine. Here's what you need to do to make this work:

1. (Obviously the 2 ecus and the HPT cable).
2. Datalog (a lot) with the s/c ecu to catch the RPM, MAP, TPS, A/F, Spark Advance
3. Create histograms that replicate the stock ecu's tables
4. Load the datalogs from the s/c into the histograms
5. There you have it, the s/c spark recreated for the stock eco.
6. Fake the 2.5 bar tune
7. Do the VE tuning in the how-to.

BTW, you can't do what you are saying, just swap ECU's with the same VIN and have it work. The S/C ECU's don't return a valid CAL number, so the HPT program doesn't know what its reading, and therefore can't open or edit it. You will be able to succeed at reading the CAL from the ECU, but you won't be able to open it. This has nothing what-so-ever to do with the VIN, the VIN is only part of the verification process with HPT, the CAL is the important part in being able to open it. I also believe that GM did something very strange with the checksums, either disabled them or have some wacky number in there, that also prevents HPT from reading and editing the files.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search