Why do you recommend HP Tuners??? - Page 4 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Why do you recommend HP Tuners???
Tuesday, August 22, 2006 4:04 PM
And Phil... as for you trying to call me out... building a motor from scratch with all custom parts that you don't order off the shelf takes more than a few weeks. I feel that of many people on this website you'd be one of the few to understand that.

My numbers are coming soon enough. Don't get your panties in a bunch - I've never said I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread I've stated clearly most ppl don't know what the F*** they're doing when it comes to tuning OR engine design/building.

While you aspire to call pistons, rods and bearings a "built" motor I aspire to call a motor with only the stock timing chain case left and a few bolts a "built" motor. The difference between you and I is that you want a step up and I want 10 steps up the ladder.... 10 steps takes far far far more time, resesarch and money.

Yasmin - nobody disputed your #'s, and nobody has said you or your car is crap. Calm down man.

Todd's cars that he's worked on have all proven themselves, and while I may not always agree with the man he knows how to tune a motor...

Keep trying to jab at me and "Call me out"... you'll see #'s when I'm good and ready to lay them down and not a second before that. I have about 4 modified J-bodies worth of money into this engine I'm not gonna blow it up just to jump the gun to prove myself to anybody.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 4:24 PM
Why does this Grand Am keep popping up everywhere where I am involved!!

FOR THE LAST TIME, THIS GUY OWNS AN LD9!!!

bottom end: -JE 9.5:1 pistons -eagle rods -clevitte rod and main bearings -balanced head: -ss valves -bronze guides -generously ported and polished by a local speed shop -1995 2.3 intake cam -199* 2.3 LO exhaust cam 2.3HO intake manifold matched w/ the head

He is .6 of a point higher than me in compression and has a generous ported and poilshed head which will outflow mine any day, and then cams and HP Tuners as well.

I know and we all do know WHY he is making more HP per pound.

Now if I had all that HE HAS or vice versa then I can see you guys wondering how I make less per pound, but his head flows seems damn efficient to me.

I am making god damn 360 whp in embryo stage of my motor. lol

Anyways, conspiracy or not Todd, you all shouldn't have brough me in, I feel like my accomplishment is not a success enough for this community (lol) and whenever there are arguements like this I would like to be left out. Simple.

Sweetness I guess if you say you weren't stabbing then disregrad all what I said, same to you Todd.

Best time:"""11.946""" @ 114.73 mph @17psi 1.83--60"
11 second daily driver!!!!
Race Related 727-561-9440
Shop of choice for your 11 second J body!

Also, built bottom end and or top end LSJ and L61's available.
13's ----12's ----11's ----10's

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 4:43 PM
Suncavi I have always been a fan of yours and backed you up. BUT DAMN man STOP!!!! No one is stabbing at you. You yourself have even said on this site that your car could make more power with better tuning. Yes you have one of the fastest J's on this site. EVERYONE knows this. This post was about HPTuners, not about what you are currently doing, or not doing. We had a good post about why we recommend HPTuners, but then it goes to hell (and not just because of you, but others as well). Also you say Spyhunter should not be mention in this post because he is a LD9, but yet Karo's car is a LD9 with 2.3 parts so then maybe we should stop talking about his car as well. Please man just chill out a little.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 5:48 PM
Higgins explain to me why is HAHA used at the end???????????????
This is one of the posts on the beginning on page 3.

"""""""""""""""Psi is so relative... look at suncavi he barely made 350 whp on 20 whole PSI. Haha.

350 whp isn't much to brag about on a built motor!!!

I'm gonna max a 3 bar soon but I'm not bragging about it... yet. '"""""""""""""""""

So I guess my numbers are to laugh at according to this statement.
So how am I over reacting?
I am done with it tho.
to get back on the topic.

Me and the local GM tuner started messing with my car today and we have accomplished as much as some have in last 2 months. Yes, I have him as a tool, but oh well.
Nothing it touched on the HP without MY permision and explanation to as why and what it does.

We got the idle at 14.0-14.7:1 from 9.9 or 10.0:1 before messing with the injector constant. and many other things.

I love life at idle again!!

He did mention to me that for experienced tunner like him the program they wrote for our J's is pretty basic and not too much flexibility in it, but it might be enough to make my set up work,.
I guess we'll have to play it by ear on this one.

There it is, a step in I think right direction.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 7:20 PM
Quote:

Higgins explain to me why is HAHA used at the end???????????????
This is one of the posts on the beginning on page 3.

Who cares??? YOu him and others have already had this talk about the power your car made on a certain boost level. You felt then everyone was stabbing at you. Maybe some were, and maybe they weren't. My point is this talk happened, and you ended up saying that you needed more tuning for more power, that the FMU and SAFC was no longer enough. So instead of going back to where that post went lets move on and not point fingers at each other. I truly felt he was really just trying to make a point in reference to this topic, and not about you.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 8:32 PM
the difference is sweetness, you need to take those 10 steps to get anywhere enar an ecoec would on 4 steps... period...

HP Tuners rocks.. end of debate

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 3:06 AM
Hp Tuners is on the scale of 1-10 like 6.5-7.
Ok Higgins I let it go, back on Hp topic.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 4:19 AM
QBE (The Boosted One) wrote:the difference is sweetness, you need to take those 10 steps to get anywhere enar an ecoec would on 4 steps... period...

HP Tuners rocks.. end of debate

Phil WTF are you talking about??? Really??? Are you now on a Ecotec all mighty kick?? I can't believe we are still having this crap on this site.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 8:51 AM
just stating the truth

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 9:18 AM
Phil... interesting statement.... but I'm sure you'd say the same thing about an LN2 if you had one.

I need to take those 10 steps to get "anywhere"???

Did YOU dyno 320 whp through a stock block at 14 psi? Hahaha... seems to me I was way ahead of you before your motor siezed up - all I did was blow a headgasket.

And My 10 steps will ensure I'm way ahead of you no matter what you do after this. My 1000cc injectors and turbo are my limitations now. Should I want to go higher all i'll need is a few small parts and a smile.

But this isn't about me... this isn't about you or your retarded "Ecotec is better than LD9" argument... it's about WHY PEOPLE RECOMMEND HPTUNERS... software that is like a nuclear warhead in the hands of an infant when compared to the tuning of a J-body PCM.

So please... you have my AIM - msg me there man. We'll continue arguing there, you too Suncavi since you feel I've insulted you. (Why I STILL don't know)

Lets get this post back on topic and be somewhat mature.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Wednesday, August 23, 2006 9:41 AM
has anyone ever blown an ecotec head gasket?........../me looks around

I'll give anyone props on here for trying to take a 2.4 beyond 300whp because honestly its really hard due to inferior and dated design and a lack of quality parts, ecotec folks really dont have to do anything internally other than rods to reach 350whp other than make sure the AFR is good so theres alot less work

Really unless your a total idiot in which case you desrve to blow the motor anyway, it would take some pretty extreme adjustments in HP tuners to do damage, I make adjustments in the smallest increments the program allows, it takes alot more data logging and reflashing but in the end when I finally see the data I want Im dead on

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 6:06 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:has anyone ever blown an ecotec head gasket?........../me looks around

I'll give anyone props on here for trying to take a 2.4 beyond 300whp because honestly its really hard due to inferior and dated design and a lack of quality parts, ecotec folks really dont have to do anything internally other than rods to reach 350whp other than make sure the AFR is good so theres alot less work

Really unless your a total idiot in which case you desrve to blow the motor anyway, it would take some pretty extreme adjustments in HP tuners to do damage, I make adjustments in the smallest increments the program allows, it takes alot more data logging and reflashing but in the end when I finally see the data I want Im dead on

So not blowing a headgasket makes a motor better??? Oh my GOD you people!!!!!! I'm by no means saying the LD9 is better than the Ecotec, but you make it sound that the Ecotec is God's answer to everything. I will admit GM did us well by backing the Ecotec and putting soo much money into R&D on it. Lots of things have been done, but not everything. I'm sure if GM would have put the same time and money into the LD9 it could be where the Ecotec is now, but they did not, and more than likely we will never know. With that said you want to brag about haw the Ecotec has ran 11's on a stock motor and all. Well a LD9 has as well. Yes it was in a track only car, but it was a stock motor. 12's have also been done as well. Suncavi is my friend and I have always backed him. He really is a good guy. He set his car up to drag race, weight etc... Slicks,tranny mods. I'm in no means saying he has cheated or anything, but has spent his money wisely. My point is so far what the Ecotec has done the LD9 has done as well. Yes the Ecotec has/ or will have more aftermarket support (Thanks GM), but that alone does not make it better.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 9:11 PM
Rodimus this is a bit on a not nice side.
When I used to own my LD9 I used to be LD9 for life and then I swapped, (should I mention the 2nd person to do the swap and the 1st to do a 5 speed Eco swap so I didn't jump on the bandwagon of any kind if someone wanna say it).
LD9 was great to me the only disappointment for me was the damn Isuzu tranny I had, but if I had LD9/ Getrag combo I am pretty sure I would have been all over 13's with my LD9 and 8-9 psi which is not bad.

L61 is a really good motor but I found something better which is LSJ. There will always be something better than something else, and we are all in it for a same ride.
Then why the F do we ride one another, this crap is really starting to upset me.

All this website is people with same damn cars that are so hard in competition with one another that they forget that there are others outhere they should worry about and try to beat, not eachother.

People here love rubbing it in and I told you so if the quote of the day, which I HATE with PASSION.
So what if someone break the motor, they might have gotten a little greedy or careless, or it might have not been their fault or it might have entirely been their fault.
WHO CARES.
Motors ARE rebuildable, more so than friendships.

I told myself I will NOT post my progress here anymore since I got some bad blood on this site or particular people that love to flame me for whatever I do. Sometimes it might be ME, but sometimes there are people that would love to see me break my motor. There will always be.
However, I will post again when I am well into 400's and when my ET's are mid to low 11's.
Hell I will video this so I have proof. lol

Anyways lets leave the BS aside, as I already said SweetnessGT, read before you post, I let it go, so you do as well.
Lets find a best way to use this damn software and everyone should be alarmed that inproper use of this will mess up your motor, possibly BAD, it is very tidious

That's about it.

Thursday, August 24, 2006 4:25 AM
^^^ Well said
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search