staying rich - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
staying rich
Wednesday, August 02, 2006 10:16 PM
i noticed that at wot it goes full rich on the af gauge, but after 3-4 sec at wot it starts to back down from being rich. so is what does this mean. is this the duty cycle i hear about.
i kinda want it to stay rich for at least 14-15 sec.

14.728 @ 92.14 (65 shot)

Re: staying rich
Thursday, August 03, 2006 8:51 AM
You want to stay rich while your at wot, not for a period of time... No, duty cycle is the amount of time the injectors are open.

Its hard to tell how rich or lean you are with a narrow band gauge, so its tough to point out what you need to do.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, August 03, 2006 8:55 AM
Nathan,
once i license ur car, we'll have a look at it at the track. HOWEVER, without a wideband, i can't be 100% correct.

Nate

Evolution of Cavyboy-->C22t--> C24na--->c24s/c
1995 Cavalier W/2k1 Engine
GM S/C 13.940@99.78pmh w/2.068 60ft
Friday, August 04, 2006 9:03 PM
Quote:

i noticed that at wot it goes full rich on the af gauge, but after 3-4 sec at wot it starts to back down from being rich. so is what does this mean. is this the duty cycle i hear about.

Quote:

You want to stay rich while your at wot, not for a period of time... No, duty cycle is the amount of time the injectors are open.

Hold on here... this is the guy running over 100% duty cycle. In this case, the answer is yes, there's a good chance this is related to the duty cycle.

Like Shifted said, the duty cycle is the amount of time the injectors are open compared to the amount of time available for them to open. If you have 1 second to turn the injector on and off, and you can deliver enough fuel in 1/2 second, then you're at 50% duty cycle. If you have 1 second for on / off and you can deliver enough fuel in .8 seconds, then you're at 80% duty cycle. In your case (with the latest injector constant) if you have 1 second to turn the injectors on and off, the pcm is calculating that it takes 1.01 seconds to deliver enough fuel. Do you see the problem? And now you're saying that the AFR is showing lean, while the pcm is saying "I calculate that you can't get enough fuel out of these injectors in the time available." Once you run out of time to deliver fuel, you just can't open the injector any longer.

-->Slow
Saturday, August 05, 2006 4:42 AM
^^^^
Sorry, got confused. nathan121 posted question, not C24s/c. a

My bad.
-->Slow
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search