Quickly learning to tune myself - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Quickly learning to tune myself
Friday, August 04, 2006 8:01 PM
I couldn't think of a better title.
Monday morning, I'm scheduled to get the GM Supercharger Reflash. Yay and Boo at the same time.

I would rather tune the car myself. I have a Wideband 02 gauge before anybody says anything about that.

How difficult would it be to learn enough to make a rudimentry boost tune for my Ecotec? The time limit would be around 12 days. I go back to school in 14. I'd like some play time.

I have no real obligations until then, so I could put lots of time into it. But as of now, I know nothing other than what I can do. I have no idea how to do it.

So is this feasible, or should I get the reflash, learn for a couple months, but another ecu, then go from there?

I have the GMPP Ecotec Supercharger Kit.

Re: Quickly learning to tune myself
Saturday, August 05, 2006 8:46 AM
youll need hpt to tune ur car.

Evolution of Cavyboy-->C22t--> C24na--->c24s/c
1995 Cavalier W/2k1 Engine
GM S/C 13.940@99.78pmh w/2.068 60ft
Saturday, August 05, 2006 9:16 AM
From what I've seen, tuning is not something you should do half-assedly. Get the reflash, learn about hpt for a few months, then swap a stock ecu in and have your fun. Or you can always pay for someone to tune your car with hpt.

15.574 @ 89 mph stock without charger. new times with charger coming soon.
Saturday, August 05, 2006 10:00 AM
the thing that makes it the easiest to tune is having a spot where you can top out 2nd and 3rd gears now around here short of going to a dragstrip or driving 20 miles its just not possible, thats the biggest thing i run into, i like going to the dragstrip to tune

HP tuners isnt the kinda thing where you can just make a test run and see your numbers then make a bunch of adjustments and have it perfect, it takes alot of fine tuning, im on prob my 15th flash or so and im just inching closer towards what i want

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search