Faking a 2bar ?'s - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Faking a 2bar ?'s
Monday, August 07, 2006 8:04 AM
Okay, I've done some PCM swapping to make sure of a few things and I'll try to get a little write up and instructions on changing out the '96 to '97-'99 later,but for now I've got a few questions about faking a 2bar tune.

I've gone through all the tables that Ron listed to change and got my 2bar MAP sensor from a Supercharged GTP. Got a set of Volvo Green Giant 440cc high impedence injectors (BTW these use the old style low impedence clips) and changed out to a 2 wire knock sensor.

But before I try to get the car on the dyno for tuning ,WHY ........

Change the Knock Learn min Map by half when it's alredy lower then the S/C reflash? 25 kpa VS. 38 kpa. If we half it the value will be 12.5 kpa VS. 38 kpa.

Why not change the Main VE tables to match the S/C reflash?

Why not change the DFCO table and the PE Enable TPS table?

Just trying to clear up some questons in my own mind.

"The FACTS are always subject to CHANGE once the TRUTH is applied"
"In the entire history of man the only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked"

Re: Faking a 2bar ?'s
Monday, August 07, 2006 8:36 AM
You can't change the main VE table to match the GM reflash because the GM reflash turns the VE tables to be MAP and RPM based, the stock tables are TPS and RPM based.

You half the value because all the MAP readings are doubled. Lets say, for example, that on a 1 bar sensor, 1v is 20kpa. On a 2 bar sensor, 1v is 40kpa. If you half the 20kpa number, it may read 10 on the screen, but in reality, it would be 20kpa since .5v on a 2 bar sensor is 20kpa (in theory). Idealy to match the S/C flash, you'd make it half of what the S/C flash is, in this case, if its 38 in the reflash, you'd change it to be 19.

As far as DFCO and PE, go for it, at the time I wrote that I was mostly concerned with the tables that were MAP based.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Re: Faking a 2bar ?'s
Monday, August 07, 2006 9:22 AM

Thanks , I was pretty sure it had to do with the MAP/TPS difference. Just wanted to make sure.

"The FACTS are always subject to CHANGE once the TRUTH is applied"
"In the entire history of man the only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search