stock tune? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
stock tune?
Monday, July 31, 2006 10:26 PM
can HPtuners do anything for a stock car with just a intake? i searched but i did not find what i needed

Re: stock tune?
Monday, July 31, 2006 11:00 PM
with just an intake, not a whole lot as far as power gain

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Tuesday, August 01, 2006 3:11 AM
what can it do then? sorry i dont know much about it at all i am just thinking if its worth to buy or not
Tuesday, August 01, 2006 6:57 PM
Truly no one can say. No one has yet to tune a stock car, or even a car with just a intake to see if power can be had. I truly think yes it can. I would guess to 10-15hp over stock in tuning.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, August 01, 2006 7:02 PM
rodimus, how much does a credit cost? wanna tune a stock engine and find out?

Tuesday, August 01, 2006 7:27 PM
$49.99 per credit, takes 2 credits to tune a car.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Tuesday, August 01, 2006 7:38 PM
damn, i aint payin 100 just for 5-10hp

its a 2200, not worth it

for 50 i would

Tuesday, August 01, 2006 8:12 PM
I still agree that the HPT is a wise first mod. (I have a '96, no lap top nor the $$ to get all that is needed for my car, right now) It can be used to tune while your still stock for that 5-15hp(depending upon whom you ask) and tune the motor for each mod you make for the best torque and hp.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006 9:40 PM
GM performance mag 2 mos ago did a tune on a stock Z06 and gained 15hp and 17ft.lbs torque without really doing anything drastic. taking that the Z06 is GM's baby its pretty tuned up from stock. I say there should be a fair amount left in these very poorly tuned cars...

Tuesday, August 01, 2006 10:22 PM
Machzel08 - Your an automatic , dynos rarely get an accurate reading on those

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 3:42 PM
Machzel08 wrote:damn, i aint payin 100 just for 5-10hp

its a 2200, not worth it

for 50 i would

$100 for 10-15hp is a steal! Find me another product that is PROVEN to get those gains for that amount of $$ on a stock engine, especially a 2200. That's a 9-13% gain, what will it take to impress you? There's also ALOT of other things besides WOT tuning that you can do with this software.

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 3:44 PM
EDIT: if you're an auto then there's a pile MORE stuff you can do with your shift tables, firmness, etc that would make the software well worth the cost of the credits, if you were lucky enough to find someone to tune your car for no $$.

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?
Wednesday, August 02, 2006 3:52 PM
Yeah $100 is definetly worth it for those kind of gains, not to mention what you can do with it later to help you with future mods. There are products out their that do small parts of what you can do with hptuners that cost over $100. And don't count the scanner out either. Being able to see what your car is doing can be extremely important for diagnosing problems and for doing optimal tuning. Not to mention save you money in diagnostics if you had someone else do the stuff for you. And finally, if you wanted you could probably hook up some kind of screen to your laptop and mount the screen on your dash somewhere and have a pretty cool looking custom gauge cluster. And that's just the start...
Wednesday, August 02, 2006 4:26 PM
Ian Brydon wrote:
Machzel08 wrote:damn, i aint payin 100 just for 5-10hp

its a 2200, not worth it

for 50 i would

$100 for 10-15hp is a steal! Find me another product that is PROVEN to get those gains for that amount of $$ on a stock engine, especially a 2200. That's a 9-13% gain, what will it take to impress you? There's also ALOT of other things besides WOT tuning that you can do with this software.

Tell me about it. I would love t have that kind of gain for that price. We usually gain much less on much more money.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 4:27 PM
Machzel08 has a point. like John Higgins said. no one has done a tune on a stock car yet. it may gain 10 hp. or it may not

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, August 07, 2006 4:59 PM
wow i did not know anyone posted in here.......maybe i will have to look into this more but there is no way i can afford 499US for that is there some one close to toronto who could do it for lets say 50bucks?
Monday, August 07, 2006 5:17 PM
id love to see what this could do to a truly stock car some one do it!!!

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Monday, August 07, 2006 7:49 PM
i have an intake, and thats it.....rodimus and i are gonna try an do it on sat hopefully. what i really want to do is adjsut shft points. elimate the upper end of some gears where they bcome uselsss and so on

Monday, August 07, 2006 8:02 PM
look at some points like this, if could find some one that would do it for credits $50 ad shipping say around $200 you can get egr and rear o2 delete, line pressure and tcc engage, and right there is 200, much else other things they could do for you like timing and fuel. it could be a well worthy investment. i might find someone who will do it for my once i change over to a 97 pcm and can get it shipped

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search