Stabilizing Air/Fuels - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Stabilizing Air/Fuels
Wednesday, August 09, 2006 9:43 AM
i got my idle and cruise almost perfect now... idle goes between 14.6-15.1 all the time... im in love with that but, when im cruising around is jumps anywhere from 14.0 - 16.5, back and forth, all the time....

i understand about fuel trims and how the pcm is constantly adding and taking away so its always going to be going up and down, but i want to tighten up the range, idealy to how my idle is.....

i have seen other turbo'ed cars with a wideband that stick 14.7 while cruising, and then during idle, it ranges like mine... am i missing something?

Thanks!

|Forged 8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons|Forged Eagle Rods|HPTuners|60trim|Tial Wastegate|
|Precision Intercooler|2.5" Exhaust|2.5" Charge Pipes|630CC Mototron Injectors|
|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|

Re: Stabilizing Air/Fuels
Thursday, August 10, 2006 9:31 AM
listening...
Thursday, August 10, 2006 2:28 PM
thats kind of lean for a turbo car.

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Thursday, August 10, 2006 5:03 PM
WOT im at 10.0 (lowest on the AEM) -10.5 ... yea, i know... i need to tune it...but im trying to get idle and cruise down first.... 16.5 is lean for any car i thought... but thats the peak it touches for like less then a second at a time.....

the problem is that the a/f;s are all over the place, i was under the impression that cruising around my a/f's would be more consistent then at idle... i could be wrong...

i might try to fix it this weekend... i just wanted to see if anyone has any ideas

anyone ??

|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Thursday, August 10, 2006 5:19 PM
I have the eco s/c reflash and mine a/f's jump around quite a bit as well, at idle and cruising they range from like low 14's to 16.5 (maybe 14.5 to 15.7 cruising), under WOT it seems like it depends on which gear it's in but I haven't done enough logging to confirm this, I get anywhere from 10.0 (sometimes holding steady for a second) up to 12. Also, I'm not sure if this could be related or not, but I seem to get a lot less for gas mileage than I've seen some other people post, as in ~25mpg. I have just over 100 k on my car. Yeah I know that if i'm getting the low a/f's under boost that that's probably contributing to the gas mileage issue, but even when i do almost all highway cruising it's still not much better. Anyone else in a similar situation or have any thoughts?
Sunday, August 20, 2006 7:43 AM
i guess no one wants to stablize my air/fuels

Sunday, August 20, 2006 10:00 AM
Quote:

Jcavi
Thursday, August 10, 2006 5:28 PM

thats kind of lean for a turbo car.

cruising a/f doesn't matter as much as WOT a/f

stoich is stoich whether you're turbo or not

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search