HELP - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HELP
Thursday, August 10, 2006 11:36 PM
Hey guys im looking for the part number(if there is one) for a 255lph walbro fuel pump for my boosted 2002 2.2l(non-ecotec) cavy. If not , can you guys recommend a fuel pump to me please. Under full boost the car goes from 10-1air/fuel to 14-1 air/fuel, so the sooner the better. Thanx. Oh and im tunning with the Greddy emange and the HP tuners.

Re: HELP
Friday, August 11, 2006 10:36 AM
I could be a dick like most of the people on here and say search.. but i wont

to me 255lph is overkill..walbro's 255lph was designed for the needs of the high compsesion of a ZO6 and ford GT. if you need that much fuel delivery more power to ya, but i bet you dont. I would say go with something around 190lph. like the blazer pump, or the older vett' pumps, you should look for one that has the brass jet barb on it, the part number from walbro is F8000100. i couldnt tell you the resellers #.

just my 2 cents

Saturday, August 12, 2006 12:12 AM
so is the 190lph fuel pump a direct hook-up or is there some modifying needed?
Saturday, August 12, 2006 7:41 AM
should be a direct fit. I personally have the 255 walboro and if you want it I would buy a 190lph. They run out at 1/4 tank, and are way over kill. same volume as a factory pump, just that issue.

IIRC the factory pump does 74 lph, so 190 is almost triple that. when you get a pump ensure you get the GM flew tube thinger, and the GM wiring harness so you can just plug it in. I think both of those are like 15 (for both) and will make it so much easier..
but you only NEED the plastic install tube, cause yours will likely crack when you remove it.

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Monday, August 14, 2006 10:39 PM
I decided im going to go why the 255lph from walbro , so if someone can give me the part number it would be great. I'd rather have too much than not enough.
Thanx
Wednesday, August 16, 2006 7:30 AM
ge_forcez22 wrote:should be a direct fit. I personally have the 255 walboro and if you want it I would buy a 190lph. They run out at 1/4 tank, and are way over kill. same volume as a factory pump, just that issue.

IIRC the factory pump does 74 lph, so 190 is almost triple that. when you get a pump ensure you get the GM flew tube thinger, and the GM wiring harness so you can just plug it in. I think both of those are like 15 (for both) and will make it so much easier..
but you only NEED the plastic install tube, cause yours will likely crack when you remove it.

The issue with the fuel cut is from using a pump that does not have(or not hooking up) the brass jet barb,the barb is hooked to a black line that runs to the bottom of the fuel module. the barb basiclly squirts out fuel while the pump is running and fills the fuel module to ensure the pump always has fuel(like when you park on a hill) Im not sure if the blazer pump has a jet barb on it, but if it does i would recomend that.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 7:38 AM
it is all hooked up, and was the GM pump, I have seen some articles on this and with the 190 pump it has not been an issue, but the 255 high volume, high pressure it has been... so this being my only personal experience, I am ready to cut the yellow/brown tank open on the bottom to stop the issue...

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 8:18 AM
ge_forcez22 wrote:it is all hooked up, and was the GM pump, I have seen some articles on this and with the 190 pump it has not been an issue, but the 255 high volume, high pressure it has been... so this being my only personal experience, I am ready to cut the yellow/brown tank open on the bottom to stop the issue...

just curious,did that 255 have the brass jet barb or no?, i've seen both styles.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 10:45 AM
I believe it did, everything that we unhooked we had to hook back up, there was nothing left just hanging

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search