Fuel Pressure Regulators... - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Fuel Pressure Regulators...
Friday, August 11, 2006 2:28 PM
Okay, I understand what fuel Regulators do, but i have a question.....okay, 2 questions.....LOL.....would i be able to use a fuel pressure regulator to inject more fuel into my motor? In other words if i were to turn the fuel pressure up on a fuel pressure reg. would that make my engine run more rich? Is that what the purpose behind it is? The reason i'm asking is because i have a S/C'd LD9 that's untuned and i don't have the money to go out and buy HPtuners, so could i just buy the fuel pressure reg. and ge it to comensate for the more air being pushed in by the S/C? If so, where could i get a good one at?

NEW SIG COMING SOON FOR 07'!!!

Re: Fuel Pressure Regulators...
Friday, August 11, 2006 9:05 PM
first of all, if you dont have bigger injectors, dont turn on your car again... your stock injectors were made to work with a stock setup...

second of all, yea, if you turn up the fuel pressure you will run richer... the higher you put it though the more strain you put on the injectors and on the fuel pump...

if you dont have the money, the last thing you should be doing is improperly boosting your car man... it will cost you more in the long run....

if i were you i would wait til i had the money and get ATLEAST bigger injectors and a adjustable fuel pressure regulator....to be safe, im not sure what you already have... and then you need something to add fuel based on boost, like a fmu or hptuners

i might have told you a lot of stuff you already kno... good luck

|Forged 8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons|Forged Eagle Rods|HPTuners|60trim|Tial Wastegate|
|Precision Intercooler|2.5" Exhaust|2.5" Charge Pipes|630CC Mototron Injectors|
|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Sunday, August 13, 2006 5:55 AM
Yea, I understand that i need bigger injectors, i have the injectors that came with the GM S/C kit. I'm just wondering for the moment though....would it be alright to just order a fuel press. regulator, just until i have enough money to buy the Hptuners software? Would it work fine until then?

Sunday, August 13, 2006 5:31 PM
do you have a wideband? do you have the stock fuel pump? do you have a fuel pressure regulator?

usually (from my understanding) the fuel pressure rises as you lose vacumm and more under boost... the stock fuel pump (on my eco, not sure what you have cause you dont have any cars listed in your profile) can pump out 70psi max give or take, if you surpass that your fuel has a greater chance of failing

what are your a/f's at? without a wideband or fuel pressure gauge it will be impossible to tell if you are making a difference or if you have gone to far or not far enough..

more info would help others help you

p.s. in order to see the fuel pressure from inside the car you will need an electrical gauge, not mechanical... unless you want to have a fuel line leading in to your car.... which is highly not recommended...

|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Monday, August 14, 2006 5:52 AM
Acer wrote:p.s. in order to see the fuel pressure from inside the car you will need an electrical gauge, not mechanical... unless you want to have a fuel line leading in to your car.... which is highly not recommended...

Just an FYI... they make pressure isolators for just this purpose, so you can run a mechanical gauge safely inside the car. They're not cheap, but absolutely necessary if you want the accuracy and reliability of a mechanical gauge inside the cabin.

Monday, August 14, 2006 6:13 AM
Wild Weasel wrote:
Acer wrote:p.s. in order to see the fuel pressure from inside the car you will need an electrical gauge, not mechanical... unless you want to have a fuel line leading in to your car.... which is highly not recommended...

Just an FYI... they make pressure isolators for just this purpose, so you can run a mechanical gauge safely inside the car. They're not cheap, but absolutely necessary if you want the accuracy and reliability of a mechanical gauge inside the cabin.

good to know ...

Monday, August 14, 2006 12:55 PM
my fuel pressure gauge is all electric , the pressure sensor is screwed right into my fuel rail

Monday, August 14, 2006 4:15 PM
do you have the GM s/c reflash? you have the injectors and the s/c you are likely pig rich now...

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 3:45 PM
Yes siree, i have the injectors and the charger on there now. So, do you think i'm running rich now? I was thinking i was maybe running lean. No, i don't have the S/C Reflash either, i was going to get Shifted to tune my ECU when i get home. What do you think i could do to get by for a little while without getting it tuned right away? Leave it alone or get the Fuel Pressure Regulator?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search