Anybody look thru or try DCstang67's HPT tune? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Anybody look thru or try DCstang67's HPT tune?
Wednesday, August 16, 2006 6:32 PM
His tune can be downloaded here, http://www.horist.com/hptuner/ (search for 2.4l cavaliers).

Now, looking thru that post where he wrote how the guy tuned it sounds good. But while comparing it to my midly changed tune (basically afr are richers now vs stock sc tune), things like closed loop have been changed (no idea y), and even the PE enrichment multiplier was leaned up from 1.0 to 1.3x. mm.. his inj constant seems too high for 48lbs injectors (0.27428 vs 0.19903351 I get using the equation Injector constant equation ). Maybe thats y? (is it the lower number, less fuel b/c u ideally would have bigger injectors.. right?) However, he claims a 11.9-12.0 thru pulls which netted 20-30 hp vs the mid 10-11s afrs which only got 180hp.

Thought about flashing my car and see what does. s/c with 378cc injectors..but will be 440ccs tomorrow. Ve table is lower then what i have mine set too..but again.. that might be b/c the injectors constant was making it horribly rich.

Anybody else have dyno tunes with a good afr? I could go..but nobody in my area has any experience with HPT. I know tuning a car is not diff from next car (concept is the same), but really don't want ot pay big $ for a guy to learn. SPECIALLY since theres nobody that has even tuned a jbody in this area.

Nate

Evolution of Cavyboy-->C22t--> C24na--->c24s/c
1995 Cavalier W/2k1 Engine
GM S/C 13.940@99.78pmh w/2.068 60ft

Re: Anybody look thru or try DCstang67's HPT tune?
Wednesday, August 16, 2006 8:47 PM
Ha ha i know the guy that operates that site he is a local around me lol. thats funny. sorry to jack the post That guy knows his tuning stuff like crazy, i trust his info on that site.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 11:16 PM
keep in mind your constant also depends on fuel pressure and if he is different than you its not going to be the same

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Thursday, August 17, 2006 7:51 AM
Rodimus Prime wrote:keep in mind your constant also depends on fuel pressure and if he is different than you its not going to be the same

true. But he said in his post that they were just guessing at a constant. That the math 'didnt make any sense'. I'm would assume that with 48lbs injectors would probably be at stock fuel pressure then.

Mmm..maybe dcstang67 will post up something

This is the post of his im refering too.

DCStang67 dyno post

Thursday, August 17, 2006 7:57 AM
well you cant just guess you have to look at the fuel trims

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Thursday, August 17, 2006 6:17 PM
It is set at stock fuel pressure

Friday, August 18, 2006 8:05 AM
DCStang67 wrote:It is set at stock fuel pressure

Hey theres the man! So any track times with that beast yet? How she running?Any problems?

Nate

Friday, August 18, 2006 9:39 AM
A local guy used it on his turbo 2.4, had to play with the injector constant (running 650's) but said it worked better than what he had previously, so sounds like a good base to work from.

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?
Friday, August 18, 2006 12:55 PM
no track times yet. I have been getting this strange noise for the past few weeks when it hits boost. It sounds like a squeek/rubbing noise. I pulled the whole motor apart to check the timing chain and valvetrain. I checked all of my charge pipe connections. I pulled the turbo apart and found no visible damage. Everything looks fine. I even replaced the serp belt and checked all of my pullies because it kinda sounds like a loose belt. I cant seem to figure out what it is. While i was checking the valvetrain I went ahead and put in the secret cams. I still cant get on it because that noise scares me. Also unless the engine is fully warmed up when it tachs above 4000rpm it will misfire and I get the flashing cel. I have my champion copper plugs gapped at .030. I think i may need to upgrade my ignition but i dont know what to do with that.

Friday, August 18, 2006 6:37 PM
This would make life easier for me if I had a GMSC Reflash and BCM to start with

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Saturday, August 19, 2006 2:13 PM
Ian Brydon wrote:A local guy used it on his turbo 2.4, had to play with the injector constant (running 650's) but said it worked better than what he had previously, so sounds like a good base to work from.

What kind of boost is he hitting?

DCstang,
what kind of boost are u hitting?

Nate

Monday, August 21, 2006 2:21 AM
12 psi for me

Monday, August 21, 2006 7:19 AM
11psi for me... I am the local guy, lol.

worked really good for a while, then the car had issues where if I would shift at 3k, and it would slowly rev up to 5k all by itself.. So I reflashed back to my stock S/C tune, then used his VE, enabled the closed loop again, and made some other minor changes.. works well for now, but I had to adjust most of it +/- 10% just to get it to work well on my car... I will be installing a larger turbo, so all the VE tables will change once more.

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search