tuning tools, what all do i need - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
tuning tools, what all do i need
Monday, August 21, 2006 5:13 AM
well picking up a aem uego wideband this week from a local guy for only $150 new and getting another local guy to tune my AFR with his HPT software and was wondering if i needed any other tools to tune my AFR's with, i do not have a AFPR yet but should i be good with just using the wideband? reason im only doing AFR right now is because 1. gas mileage is so bad from me running pig rich (i knew mods would do this and im not complaining im just trying to get all the mpg i can because im around 14mpg right now ) and 2. get some power increase since according to my estimation af gauge im pig rich even under boost and spray. thanks.

Re: tuning tools, what all do i need
Monday, August 21, 2006 5:59 AM
What size injectors?

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, August 21, 2006 7:09 AM
gm s/c 310's

Monday, August 21, 2006 9:00 AM
310s and running pig rich? mm.. better think that one again. 310s are maxed out as soon as u change the pulley size. And gm has the stock bas afr set at 13.0 at 80 and 104 C (normal operation temps).

I wouldn't even worry about trying to change anything till u get a bigger injectors.

Nate

Evolution of Cavyboy-->C22t--> C24na--->c24s/c
1995 Cavalier W/2k1 Engine
GM S/C 13.940@99.78pmh w/2.068 60ft
Monday, August 21, 2006 11:47 AM
oh beleive me, im running rich man, if you get outta the car and walk behind it all you smell is exhaust and hell i cant even smell it while sitting at a light or getting on it during regular driving. the cats gutted out and there isnt any leaks either on the custom exhaust, i looked at that as well.

Monday, August 21, 2006 12:15 PM
What you're describing is a rich idle/low RPM condition, which isn't important here, that's in the tuning. What are you running at WOT where it matters? You can be pig rich at idle, and blow your motor from being lean up top.

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?
Monday, August 21, 2006 12:48 PM
BOOSTED (The Untuned Demon) wrote:oh beleive me, im running rich man, if you get outta the car and walk behind it all you smell is exhaust and hell i cant even smell it while sitting at a light or getting on it during regular driving. the cats gutted out and there isnt any leaks either on the custom exhaust, i looked at that as well.

you're running no cat and wondering why it smells

15.574 @ 89 mph stock without charger. new times with charger coming soon.
Monday, August 21, 2006 1:20 PM
DanteMustDie wrote:
BOOSTED (The Untuned Demon) wrote:oh beleive me, im running rich man, if you get outta the car and walk behind it all you smell is exhaust and hell i cant even smell it while sitting at a light or getting on it during regular driving. the cats gutted out and there isnt any leaks either on the custom exhaust, i looked at that as well.

you're running no cat and wondering why it smells

actually smartass, before the cat was gutted i had the same issues, like i said before, im pig rich according to my air fuel gauge and thats at WOT as well.

Monday, August 21, 2006 2:08 PM
i have the exact same problems except im running with bolt on's only full exhaust and full intake... im running pig rich no cat and even before then with the cat on and functioning correctly... right now the whole thing is straight piped with a cherry bomb on the end.... i am wondering i have a connection between my pc and my car... i just do not know software wise what i need to get cuz the software that came with it it reconizes its there but does not want to talk to it.... but i do not want to thread jack this i just want to know how i can lean out my system (i am not turbo and no spray) thanks guys ... later
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search