96 engine to 97 pcm. hp tuners - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
96 engine to 97 pcm. hp tuners
Tuesday, August 22, 2006 1:25 PM
I was wondering if anyone had the pinout change i would need to do??? I want to run hp tunners so I can modify some things when I do the rebuild.

horsepower is how hard you hit the wall, Torque is how far you push the wall with you

Re: 96 engine to 97 pcm. hp tuners
Tuesday, August 22, 2006 1:28 PM
wow that didn't make since... haha I have a turbo 96 2.2 .
i"m doing a rebuild this winter, at that time I also want to be able to change some things on the fuel spark and other things...
I want to use hp to change these things... but they only work on 97+ cars right... any help with pinout or what I could do would be great... thanks.

horsepower is how hard you hit the wall, Torque is how far you push the wall with you
Wednesday, August 23, 2006 12:13 AM
http://www.ny-jbodies.org/

They should have alot of the info your seeking....

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 7:22 PM
Back from the dead, but it proves I searched!

I have a 96 sunfire 2.2L automatic 3 speed transmission that I want to upgrade to a 1997 or 98 PCM so that I can tune it in the future.

I have the factory service manuals for both the 96 and 98 models.

I can't see how this could possibly repin, it has the potential to be an awful mess.

I have seen that the engine harness, ICM, and PCM can all be grabbed and used for this upgrade. Is this correct? Are there any other sensors I would need to grab?

I will take pics and make a post if anyone can point me in the right direction.
Thanks

Sig'less since '02!
Monday, January 24, 2011 9:31 PM
^ Yes. Ideally if you have a donor car you can pull from, just yank the whole harness.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Friday, January 28, 2011 2:27 AM
The crank position sensor is different on the '96 and the later models. Try to find a '97, it's a straight up swap. On the '98, will need to lengthen the ICM line to fit it in the stock location or find a new location to mount it. I'm not sure, but you may need to replace the injector harness plug to accept the '96 injector harness.

Tuesday, February 01, 2011 3:46 AM
I need this as well. The aftercat o2 is pined oposet as well fyi

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search