S/C on a 1997 2.4L - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
S/C on a 1997 2.4L
Saturday, August 12, 2006 3:54 PM
Hi guys !!

I was wondering for my charger to work properly so I found the list of what is needed in the boost forums.

I now have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and installed a walbro 225 HI flow pump
I should be getting injectors eventualy but i'm willing to try it like that for now.

Now for the ECMm I know the ones 1999 and under doesn't ajust it self with the boost and 2000 up does. I thought i'd change my ECM but then I saw on wirring diagrams that they don't entirely fit. So I thought of changing the ECM and all the wirring in the engine compartement. From there I should be good for the ecm to support the boost and get it running nicely ecept for some twiks I would have to do like fit a second oxygen sensor ....

Now for my question lol ..

Does the 2000 up wirring for the engine fits with the interior part like the cluster air bags nas every thing with my 1997 ???

Re: S/C on a 1997 2.4L
Sunday, August 20, 2006 2:25 PM
I believe on a 2000 there is a bcm..so no the wiring for the interior will not be the same as a 1997
Tuesday, August 22, 2006 9:31 PM
You'd have to re-wire the entire car... including the cluster, radio, airbags, ABS, etc. I've done it... it's not cheap, easy or fun.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 12:35 PM
John Lenko wrote:You'd have to re-wire the entire car... including the cluster, radio, airbags, ABS, etc. I've done it... it's not cheap, easy or fun.

Common... it was cheaper then a new car, it was easier then having sex with a man, and it was fun to have an excuse not to watch movies with the g/f. Besides that john... i still have a picture of u picking my bum at the wrecker while i was working on taking the interior of the donor car apart. lol.

Evolution of Cavyboy-->C22t--> C24na--->c24s/c
1995 Cavalier W/2k1 Engine
GM S/C 13.940@99.78pmh w/2.068 60ft
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search