TekMate reviews? anyone used it? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
TekMate reviews? anyone used it?
Thursday, August 17, 2006 8:30 PM
Im thinking about pciking up TekMate

But I want to know if its wrth $70, from what I see it is but I want anyones opinions!

TekMate homepage:
www.TekMatetools.com

Re: TekMate reviews? anyone used it?
Monday, August 21, 2006 10:17 PM
it looks preaty cool. scans and clears faults, it lets you view freeze frame data but doesn't say naything about dataloging (not that saw anyway) If you looking for a scan toll its not a bad for the price. Keep in mind this does absolutely NOTHING in terms of tuning the car. Just viewing ans clearing data. Another thing I don't like is the fact that GM, Ford, European, ect.. are seperate. ODB-2 scaners work for all OBD-2 not make specific, maybe I missed where it said it but I'm thinking the live data streams are make specific but all ODB-2 is universal.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006 8:18 AM
Im wanting it because it shows A?F and Boost, which will solve my problems of havign to buy the guages

not to mention it looks way cool on screen lmao

Tuesday, August 29, 2006 10:13 AM
I think you have something mistaken. There is no way for a stock ecu to see positive pressure(boost), so without something else, it wont show what your boost is. Also, your car doesnt have a WB02 sensor, so it isnt going to tell you your a/f ratio.
Tuesday, August 29, 2006 3:18 PM
I can Insall a wideband and run it into the system, not shure if it replaces the OEM O2 or what but it can be done, and Im using an Oil pressure sesor to display boost

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search