Speed Limiter... Question - Tuning Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Speed Limiter... Question
Tuesday, August 29, 2006 5:12 PM
Ok guys i was searching around the Internet on how to disable your speed limiter. I found the Tuning chips that you plug and and change stuff but i also read this. Has anyone tried this?

Answer

The 1997 and up cavalier or just about all gm cars have whats called an obd2 system. Thats the engine controll computer type and name. This wireing setup sucks. But any way the top speed limiter is built in and its really just a fuel pump shut off. you could just redo your hole fuel system but its just alot easier to take your car to your local chevy dealer ship and pay them to re conform you system and remove the rev limiter and fuel pump shut off system. but just so you know this onlyl adds like 10mph to you over all top speed. If you want to go faster then youll have to do some slight mods like an exhaust and cold air.

Re: Speed Limiter... Question
Tuesday, August 29, 2006 5:21 PM
In before the lock!!!!

Tuesday, August 29, 2006 5:22 PM
..... Do you even know what the hell you're talking about?

Tuesday, August 29, 2006 5:25 PM
a dealership is not going to reprogram your ECU to remove the limiter, governor, fuel system shutoff, anything. it's just not going to happen.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Tuesday, August 29, 2006 5:44 PM
That is what i read off of this one site. I was just curious if u guys heard anything like that because i never had.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006 5:48 PM
TomsCavalier wrote:Ok guys i was searching around the Internet on how to disable your speed limiter. I found the Tuning chips that you plug and and change stuff but i also read this. Has anyone tried this?

Answer

The 1997 and up cavalier or just about all gm cars have whats called an obd2 system. Thats the engine controll computer type and name. This wireing setup sucks. But any way the top speed limiter is built in and its really just a fuel pump shut off. you could just redo your hole fuel system but its just alot easier to take your car to your local chevy dealer ship and pay them to re conform you system and remove the rev limiter and fuel pump shut off system. but just so you know this onlyl adds like 10mph to you over all top speed. If you want to go faster then youll have to do some slight mods like an exhaust and cold air.

WOW...JUST WOW. A newbie making a post about a newbie subject and trying to provide an answer....and failing miserably.
No dealership will EVER reprogram the ECU how you want them to. That is why we need programs like HPT. Redoing your fuel system would NOT fix the cutoff problem either. The computer shuts off the INJECTORS...not the PUMP.

Go continue to do research and come back when you have accurate information please.

Hypsy (noun): Member of many online forums; Out to end spread of stupidity on said forums. Considered an arsehole by many and doesn't seem to care.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Tuesday, August 29, 2006 5:52 PM
I never said you could take your car to a dealer and they will do that. I read that off of another site that someone else posted. I never heard of someone doing that and i was woundering if any of you have heard something like that.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006 5:56 PM
TomsCavalier wrote:I never said you could take your car to a dealer and they will do that. I read that off of another site that someone else posted.

Reminder...
Quote:

you could just redo your hole fuel system but its just alot easier to take your car to your local chevy dealer ship and pay them to re conform you system and remove the rev limiter and fuel pump shut off system.

And, since this is about how to remove the speed limiter, which is not discussed here...

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search