tunning a nitrous car ??? anybody done this ? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
tunning a nitrous car ??? anybody done this ?
Sunday, September 03, 2006 8:46 PM
ive been reading everybodys post on tunning turbo cars . but what is involved with tuning a nitrous car ?? ive got a msd dis 2 which i can control timming and a adj fpr for fuel . do you really need anything else ? im wanting to tune the car to run a 150 shot but i want to have the tunning abilitys that i need before i take it to the dyno shop. just curios if anybody has done this ?

13's or blowning it. wayhttp://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e175/slowfire99/100_0463.jpg

Re: tunning a nitrous car ??? anybody done this ?
Tuesday, September 05, 2006 5:53 PM
The biggest thing with a Nitrous application is proper fuel and spark timing. The rule of thumb is 2 degrees for every 50hp (I think it's pretty conservative). I've never run Nitrous on a 4cyl before, but on my last engine in my Iroc after the LS1 I ran a 2 stage 300hp shot with a progresive controller and MSD 6AL with timing computer. Basically I pulled 10 degrees total timing, 4-5 degrees on a 150 always worked good for me (I was running 38degrees total but these cars are completely different and my motor was built for it). I'd just make sure the timing comes down when you activate the nitrous, and make sure your fuel map is good. Most nitrous kits factory recomendations for jets usually run a little rich anyways to stay on the safe side.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search