GM 3 Bar map sensor - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
GM 3 Bar map sensor
Thursday, September 07, 2006 1:49 PM
Well i am going to try something out, I have a 2003 cavy and i am building my motor with the gm supercharger which i am going to use the hpt tuners but instead of faking a 2 or 3 bar i am going to wire in a 3 bar sensor and tune from there. Has anybody ever done this on a cavy. I have seen every other kind of car use the 3 bar so i am going to try since i have gm car well i am going to try out and see what happens.

Re: GM 3 Bar map sensor
Thursday, September 07, 2006 2:31 PM
Quote:

instead of faking a 2 or 3 bar i am going to wire in a 3 bar sensor and tune from there. Has anybody ever done this on a cavy. I have seen every other kind of car use the 3 bar so i am going to try...

AKA, faking the 3 bar tune.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, September 07, 2006 3:11 PM
Quote:

instead of faking a 2 or 3 bar i am going to wire in a 3 bar sensor and tune from there. Has anybody ever done this on a cavy. I have seen every other kind of car use the 3 bar so i am going to try...

thats exactly what faking a 2/3 bar sensor is.... wire in the different sensor and then change the values so they are scaled for the new ranges.... if you follow the instructions in shifted write up then you will save yourself some headaches

|Forged 8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons|Forged Eagle Rods|HPTuners|60trim|Tial Wastegate|
|Precision Intercooler|2.5" Exhaust|2.5" Charge Pipes|630CC Mototron Injectors|
|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Thursday, September 07, 2006 6:50 PM
i feel like a dumb ass because see i thought thats what faking the 3 bar was but wasnt sure thats guys
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search