GM S/C reflash + HPT = good for boost? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
GM S/C reflash + HPT = good for boost?
Tuesday, September 05, 2006 11:13 AM
I am looking to get my car tunned soon and i am trying to decide. I am eventually going boost, custom turbo, so i want something that can accomidate that so i dont buy two things. I have heard a problem in going boost on our cars is our power tables are TPS vs RPM where boosted cars are Boost vs RPM. I have also heard the GM S/C reflash makes the adjustment on the ECU to Boost vs RPM. So i concluded if i have HP tunners and when i go boost buy the reflash and re-tune it for boost?

My other posibilities are megasquirt and AEM piggy back unit. But for some reason i would prefer to use HPT if this would work.

I am having a shop tune my car, so please dont blast me for making over generalizations or not understanding things fully. I am just wondering if anyone else has noticed/done this and if its a good idea.

Thanks
Shawn M.

PSN ID: Phatchance249

Re: GM S/C reflash + HPT = good for boost?
Tuesday, September 05, 2006 3:14 PM
Thats what I'm doing, using the s/c reflash and hpt to tune it, works great. I just have to stop breaking @!#$.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 5:57 PM
I am using the reflash tuned with HPT and larger injectors of course. I had it dyno tuned and it made 223 HP 259 Tq before the high flow cat, Secret cams, and Upgraded turbo. All on a stock engine. Im guessing it has over 250 HP now. Check out my profile for a list of mods.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, September 05, 2006 6:08 PM

Thursday, September 07, 2006 10:39 AM
Thanks guys. An off topic question; are your turbo j's daily driven? If/when i go boost it will be my only car, is it practical or just a real hassle and only track?

Thanks

Shawn M.

Thursday, September 07, 2006 11:37 AM
Mine was a daily driver when I started, now its a driveway ornament.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, September 07, 2006 1:13 PM
Mine is a daily driver. I rely on that to get me to work every day. But if something should happen I have a 2006 Yamaha R! and a 1967 Mustang to get me there. Knock on wood, I have not had anything go wrong that stopped me from getting to work. If you spend enough time researching you will find what to and not to do while making your kit.

P.S. Dont cheap out on anything, Fuel and tuning is most important. Right off the bat figure on spending $650 for the HPTuners Pro and another $500 to have someone tune it if you dont know how.

Thursday, September 07, 2006 6:24 PM
DCStang67 wrote: 2006 Yamaha R!
That is supposed to be 2006 Yamaha R1

Friday, September 08, 2006 3:21 PM
Yea, i am not going to skimp on anything. An R1, nice. Thanks for the support guys.

Saturday, September 09, 2006 7:41 AM
i wish that hptuners guys would figure out the reflash for eco 03+

I want fuel/map tables!

|Forged 8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons|Forged Eagle Rods|HPTuners|60trim|Tial Wastegate|
|Precision Intercooler|2.5" Exhaust|2.5" Charge Pipes|630CC Mototron Injectors|
|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search