Clearing codes, and affects to ECU - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Clearing codes, and affects to ECU
Saturday, September 02, 2006 9:52 PM
I have a question about clearing codes in the ECU and the affects to the ECU. I read that when you clear a code in the ECU that is clears the long term and short term fuel trims. Does anyone know if this is true? I'm not referring to unplugging the battery, but using a hand held scanner, or laptop program, or even HP. Can anyone give more info to this? Thanks

FU Tuning

Re: Clearing codes, and affects to ECU
Sunday, September 03, 2006 7:01 AM
Clearing the codes only resets the current codes, history codes, freeze frame data, continuous and non-continuous test results. There is a way to clear the long and short term fuel trims, but is not typically done with scan tools or even HPT when you hit the clear codes button. HPT resets the fuel trims when you do a write, and they can be reset through the VCM controls menu.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Sunday, September 03, 2006 9:39 AM
clearing codes does reset the fuel trims , thats why alot of cars dont run the same after clearing the codes

also with the GM tech2 you can reset the fuel trims with it with out doing the codes

Saturday, September 09, 2006 6:37 AM
pretty much anytime you do a flash it clears them

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Saturday, September 09, 2006 7:34 AM
it takes me like minute of trying to turn on my car after every flash on hptuners... i have determined it is because of this, settings, fuel trims, things the ecu learned are all getting restarted... small problem, i can live with...

|Forged 8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons|Forged Eagle Rods|HPTuners|60trim|Tial Wastegate|
|Precision Intercooler|2.5" Exhaust|2.5" Charge Pipes|630CC Mototron Injectors|
|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Sunday, September 10, 2006 11:59 AM
Acer wrote:it takes me like minute of trying to turn on my car after every flash on hptuners... i have determined it is because of this, settings, fuel trims, things the ecu learned are all getting restarted... small problem, i can live with...
are you keying OFF, then re cycling the key afterwards??? or are you just starting right after the flash is complete????

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search