Autotune with HPT?? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Autotune with HPT??
Friday, September 15, 2006 1:24 PM
I have 2 friends running boosted applications with mega squirt, and what thet can do is Data log for 5-10minutes, and then analyze.... and it adjusts the VE tables accordingly... you think it would be possible to somehow plug our data log into that and get an autotune?? (they have wideband input too)

I wonder if someone could take our data log raw info and use that in there program to edit our VE tables... I personally don't have the abilitly but someone might... hmmm

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Re: Autotune with HPT??
Friday, September 15, 2006 4:24 PM
I'm thinking about writing some software that does something similar...

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Friday, September 15, 2006 7:04 PM
That would be pretty badass!

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?
Friday, September 15, 2006 8:50 PM
hptuner logs would have to be decrypted and parsed... if someone could get the hpl file into some data format like any database or csv's then i could write a program that would spit out to you what your new ve table should be in order to get a target a/f based on the map/rpm/wideband/throttle...

this is a great idea by the way...

|Forged 8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons|Forged Eagle Rods|HPTuners|60trim|Tial Wastegate|
|Precision Intercooler|2.5" Exhaust|2.5" Charge Pipes|630CC Mototron Injectors|
|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Friday, September 15, 2006 11:16 PM
that would sure be nice

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Saturday, September 16, 2006 7:20 AM
any reason why chris or keith wouldn't help us out with this??? they might think it is a good idea too... I am sure they could help us do something so the values would be layed (laid) out on a spread sheet with 0.1 seconds increments or something

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Saturday, September 16, 2006 7:47 AM
Acer wrote:hptuner logs would have to be decrypted and parsed... if someone could get the hpl file into some data format like any database or csv's then i could write a program that would spit out to you what your new ve table should be in order to get a target a/f based on the map/rpm/wideband/throttle...

this is a great idea by the way...

There is a menu item to export the hpl file to a csv...

i'm already discussing this with Chris, he's very helpful so far.

Saturday, September 16, 2006 9:18 AM
that is so awesome man, I understand it would work on % and stuff to lower fuel and it would not be perfect after one "autotune" but that would really help dial things in.

Sunday, September 17, 2006 11:17 AM
There's an easy way to do this, without special software, watch for an FAQ later tonight on VE tuning.

Sunday, September 17, 2006 12:51 PM
the FAQ, on this site, 4cyl, or HPTuners.com ??? I will chec k all of them

Sunday, September 17, 2006 1:59 PM
Here, new post, later this evening.

Monday, September 18, 2006 6:35 PM
Shifted wrote:Here, new post, later this evening.

Evolution of Cavyboy-->C22t--> C24na--->c24s/c
1995 Cavalier W/2k1 Engine
GM S/C 13.940@99.78pmh w/2.068 60ft
Monday, September 18, 2006 7:28 PM
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search