Screen Shots of IGN and fuel tables - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Screen Shots of IGN and fuel tables
Wednesday, September 20, 2006 10:37 AM
Does anyone (shifted?) have any screen shots of the stock IGN and FUEL maps off of HPT for a ECOtec?

i only need them so i can refer to them to create a stock basemap on Megasquirt for an ecotec

i found the .bin files but i don't have hpt so i can not open them to see them

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, September 20, 2006 10:59 AM

Re: Screen Shots of IGN and fuel tables
Wednesday, September 20, 2006 1:51 PM
The fuel map will be useless since the stock ECU is Alpha-N. Getting a 2.4 S/C guy to provide his might be good for a basemap. But here's my stock maps.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 7:26 PM
the numbers in the map are degrees of advance correct? and this is a eco ign map?

Thursday, September 21, 2006 7:36 AM
Volumeking333(Ryan) wrote:the numbers in the map are degrees of advance correct? and this is a eco ign map?

Yes, the 2 bottom tables are spark advance degrees, and yes that is for an eco.

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?
Thursday, September 21, 2006 7:30 PM
alright thanks very much

any boosted eco's or 2.4l that have a fuel map that i can just get a bas line from>

Thursday, September 21, 2006 11:48 PM
wouldnt the spark maps be different for a boosted car then a NA car? owens are is NA... i could be wrong, but i thought with boost spark should be retarded more

2k+ 2.4 reflash is the only fuel/map tables you will find... eco s/c reflash wont work with hptuners so all the maps you will get will be based on throttle position or rpm, not load/pressure

sry if wrong terminology is used

|Forged 8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons|Forged Eagle Rods|HPTuners|60trim|Tial Wastegate|
|Precision Intercooler|2.5" Exhaust|2.5" Charge Pipes|630CC Mototron Injectors|
|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Friday, September 22, 2006 8:03 AM
Acer wrote:wouldnt the spark maps be different for a boosted car then a NA car? owens are is NA... i could be wrong, but i thought with boost spark should be retarded more

2k+ 2.4 reflash is the only fuel/map tables you will find... eco s/c reflash wont work with hptuners so all the maps you will get will be based on throttle position or rpm, not load/pressure

If you spend some time comparing the 2.4 GMSC vs. 2.4 NA vs. the 2.2eco NA tunes, you could likely figure out what things change between the NA and SC tunes, and there's always room to improve on the factory tunes anyways.

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?
Friday, September 22, 2006 2:02 PM
Ian Brydon wrote:
Acer wrote:wouldnt the spark maps be different for a boosted car then a NA car? owens are is NA... i could be wrong, but i thought with boost spark should be retarded more

If you spend some time comparing the 2.4 GMSC vs. 2.4 NA vs. the 2.2eco NA tunes, you could likely figure out what things change between the NA and SC tunes, and there's always room to improve on the factory tunes anyways.

well.. i guess it would help to have the maps from other cars to compare, i guess... but unless you know which way to go with timing depending on whether or not you are turbo'ed, what to do while boost rises, what to do while RPM rises, and other situations then you wouldnt really need to base it off any map out there... you could just, in that case, just populate the tables from your knowledge....

thats why i was saying that seeing a NA tune really would not do anything for a boosted car unless you knew what the changes are and if you know what the changes are then you dont need the NA tune to base your tune off of or as a starting point...lol

thats confusing to read, lol... i could be wrong... thats just what im thinking

|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Friday, September 22, 2006 8:53 PM
lol your absolutely correct, it would be way different. what i plan on doing is using megasquirt as a fuel standalone and not even bothering with the stock PCM crap, so pretty much i need to get a baseline to start the car so i can break in the motor correctly, (unboosted) lol, yes it won't be perfect i know, but it'll be enough for me to start the car and run it to break it in, then tune it accordingly...

plus since i am using megasquirt i have to start from scratch with everything.

so i all i need now is a fuel map from boosted 2.4...because all others are in Alpha N according to Owen

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 1:59 PM
yea, eco reflash has not been figured out by hptuners so you wont find any eco reflash files out there 2.4 is alpha n as well unless they have the reflash, which is supported by hptuners

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 3:05 PM
thats what i'm looking for a reflashed 2.4 ecu fuel map now

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search