Logging EGT with MVPI pro - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Logging EGT with MVPI pro
Friday, September 22, 2006 1:18 PM
which sensor do I have to use to log my EGT's on my tuner??

I posted on the hptuner forum but they deleted my post.. WTF?!?! anyways, if anyone knows could you post up what you used? I currently have an autometer but it has no outputs.

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Re: Logging EGT with MVPI pro
Friday, September 22, 2006 1:47 PM
you have a Autometer EGT Sensor? There is no stock one so ima guess thats what you mean... It needs to be electrical and have a 5v range, im pretty sure.. im pretty sure that you can not scan it in hptuners unless that condition is met...

Which sensor do you scan? Im not sure if i understand... you would scan the egt

|Forged 8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons|Forged Eagle Rods|HPTuners|60trim|Tial Wastegate|
|Precision Intercooler|2.5" Exhaust|2.5" Charge Pipes|630CC Mototron Injectors|
|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Friday, September 22, 2006 2:26 PM
You'd need a 0-5V EGT, and wire it into the enchanced inputs, then setup the enchanced inputs in the primary table for EGT's. What you currently have has no outputs, so you'd likely need to tap into the signal to wire into the HPT cable and log it.

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?
Friday, September 22, 2006 3:39 PM
that was my question actually. Where can I get the signal from... can I just tap into it somewhere, and if not, can I get a different sensor and do I need a controller for it?

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Saturday, September 23, 2006 8:58 PM
Most EGT sensors use K-type thermocouples to read temperature. Thermocouples create a very small, non-linear voltage in relation to temperature and standard voltage logging devices cannot use its output.

There are interface units that are available. Some are pretty inexpensive. Most output 1mv/degree. Search for Multimeter Adapters to find yourself one.

Innovate (maker of the LM-1wideband) had once posted info about a cheap chip and circuit you could build yourself to read them.

sig not found
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search