Stumped.....need some ideas.... - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Stumped.....need some ideas....
Tuesday, September 19, 2006 4:07 PM
Okay, i've pretty much spent all the money i've got on the things i wan tfor the cav....bodykit, supercharger, pulley, etc. I need your input and suggestions on what else i should get. The main things i'm looking into getting is the AEM UEGO wideband, water/alky injections, and a header....I need the wideband to tune with HPTuners when i get it for christmas, i'm afraid that my 2.6" pulley will be too much heat so i need to cool it down with the water injection, and the header....well, you know why......let me see your opinions....

NEW SIG COMING SOON FOR 07'!!!

Re: Stumped.....need some ideas....
Wednesday, September 20, 2006 5:21 AM
yes, get everything you mentioned and in the order your mentioned them in...

|Forged 8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons|Forged Eagle Rods|HPTuners|60trim|Tial Wastegate|
|Precision Intercooler|2.5" Exhaust|2.5" Charge Pipes|630CC Mototron Injectors|
|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Wednesday, September 20, 2006 11:27 AM
Okay......i am gonna get the Alky injection this week probably. Thanks for the input....

Friday, September 22, 2006 11:09 AM
Are you going bigger injectors or how are you doing the extra fuel? If you want to get creative and do that a little cheaper you can have your extra fuel injector replace that alchy injector. You get the same intercooling effect but don't have to refill with alch and an extra fuel injector can control that 5th injector easy.

--------------------------------------------------
'96 Cavalier Good ol' Pushrod 2.2
-24X,000 miles on factory build
-Some oil loss between changes, me thinks it be rings.
Friday, September 22, 2006 12:23 PM
I don't understand what your saying....are you saying to basically run another injector into my intake and wire it up with my other injectors? Please explain this better....thanks

Friday, September 22, 2006 1:54 PM
David Jones wrote:Are you going bigger injectors or how are you doing the extra fuel? If you want to get creative and do that a little cheaper you can have your extra fuel injector replace that alchy injector. You get the same intercooling effect but don't have to refill with alch and an extra fuel injector can control that 5th injector easy.

how would he easily controll this extra injector?

.... i would just go with the original plan, its simpler and gets the same, if not, better, results.... if you are not getting enough fuel from your injectors then you need new injectors... there is no reason why you shouldnt get the fuel you need from the 4 injector spots you already have, imo

|Forged 8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons|Forged Eagle Rods|HPTuners|60trim|Tial Wastegate|
|Precision Intercooler|2.5" Exhaust|2.5" Charge Pipes|630CC Mototron Injectors|
|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Saturday, September 23, 2006 11:58 AM
Yes, i agree, and i'm not having injector problems, i don't know what that guy was even talking about? I'm ordering the lightened stock sized pulley and later will get the Methanol Injection if i see that the 2.6" pulley has heat issues, and for christmas i will get the HPTuners, as for now, i'm not getting the header or anything else. I have a couple of more issues to deal with before i can manage buying more parts, thanks for the help!

Monday, September 25, 2006 2:54 PM
Ever heard of a piggy back system. Extra injector controller? Your wanting the methanol injector to get intake charge heat down from the supercharger right? Or am I mistaken...TRD uses extra injectors in the intake after the supercharger instead of using an intercooler to help lower intake charge heat. Instead of the alchohol evaporating to cool the air you just use the gasoline your gonna burn anyways...just an idea! Used it on my Cressida and I didn't need an intercooler.

--------------------------------------------------
'96 Cavalier Good ol' Pushrod 2.2
-24X,000 miles on factory build
-Some oil loss between changes, me thinks it be rings.
Monday, September 25, 2006 3:45 PM
No bud, you miss understood, i'm sorry, i meant water/methanol injection....like cooling mist or snowperformance or whatever, i understood what you were talking about, but it just came out of no where! LOL

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search